Head Of Environment
Scanline VFXLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Scanline VFX is an award-winning visual effects studio, with locations in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, London, Seoul, Munich, and Stuttgart. Attracting talent from around the world, current work includes Aquaman: The Lost Kingdom, The Flash, and Stanger Things Season 4.
Come and join an innovative and collaborative team and be challenged to do the best work of your career alongside some of the best talent from around the globe.
We currently offer offer hybrid, on-site and remote work opportunities.
The Environment Head is responsible for overseeing the creation and management of the look of the digital environments in the projects and maintaining high-quality standards.
• Supervise and managing complex project requirements
• Provides confident leadership and mentorship to the Environments team
• Create and manage the most efficient methodology per environment brief. Approaches will vary from 2.5D Matte Painting projection setups, through full 3D asset builds
• Create and Develop photographic reference materials
• Supervise and guide Leads and Artists in tasks related to integrating imagery into shots and preserving a unified sense of lighting, perspective, and color
• Coordinate and Liaise with the VFX Supervisors to ensure high quality work is done smoothly and efficiently
• Provide artistic and technical direction to the artists
• Solid understanding of city/terrain development
• Solid knowledge and experience of the nature (geology, geography and meteorology)
• Solid knowledge and understanding of architecture (design and engineering)
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• 5 years of previous experience as a Digital Matte Painting Supervisor for live-action feature and/or television
• Proven team leadership and supervision skills
• Strong understanding of Nuke, 3D environment layout, Max/Maya and camera projections
• Working Knowledge of Houdini is preferred
• Working knowledge of Mari or Substance Painter, Teregon/Gaya or similar procedural terrain generation software
• V-Ray or similar Render Engine experience is required
• Advanced knowledge in digital matte painting, texturing, modelling, layout and lighting