Scanline VFXMontreal, QC
Full Time Job
Scanline VFX, a Netflix Company, is an award-winning, global leader in the visual effects industry with studios in 7 core locations. From humble beginnings over 30 years ago, we've grown to a team of over 1,400 made up of diverse nationalities from around the world. Underpinned by a commitment to innovation, Eyeline Studios, Scanline's virtual production division, is rethinking the future of real-time filmmaking by providing content creators with unmatched flexibility.
Come and join an innovative and collaborative team and be challenged to do the best work of your career!
We currently offer hybrid, on-site and remote work opportunities.
Scanline VFX, une compagnie de Netflix, est un leader mondial dans l'industrie des effets visuels réparti à travers 7 studios mondialement. Établie il y a plus de 30 ans, nous comptons aujourd'hui plus 1,400 employées dans notre équipe, composée de diverses nationalités. Animé par l'innovation, Eyeline Studios, notre division de production virtuelle, repense la production du cinéma en temps réel en offrant aux créateurs une flexibilité inégalée.
Joignez-vous à notre équipe dynamique de classe mondiale!
Nous offrons actuellement des opportunités de travail hybrides, sur place et à distance.
The Grooming Artist's focus is on hair and fur grooming using modeling and texturing skills to create assets for the production team. Their work must be photo-realistic with accuracy in detail and function. Working with the in-house pipeline, the VFX Asset Generalist is able to solve technical issues independently.
• Creates photo-real hair and fur grooms to be used on our digital doubles and creatures
• Creates high-quality models and UV's for use in production; implements improvements and changes based on review feedback from the supervisor and lead direction
• Creates photo-real textures, both hand-painted and from set photography to a level of detail necessary for hero CG assets
• Works within the defined pipeline
• Ensures continuity and supports other asset departments such as texture, lookdev, and rigging
• Completes assigned tasks in a timely manner
• Works independently on defined tasks but in collaboration with artists and supervisors in modeling, shading, and lighting during the look development process
• Learns and adapts to new workflows and methods quickly
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• Bachelor's Degree/Diploma in Digital Arts or equivalent experience (preferred)
• Working knowledge of Maya and XGen is required
• Excellent knowledge of Zbrush and/or Mudbox
• Mari, 3ds Max, V-Ray, and Nuke experience is a plus
• Excellent technical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Experience working on creatures, digital doubles, topology, and blend shapes (preferred)
• Eye for detail and able to QA their own work to ensure the highest quality before assets handoff
• Excellent time management and prioritization skills; experience working under tight deadlines
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision as well as a team player
• A clear understanding of color space, shading, lighting, and rendering methodologies
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.