Global Director, People Operations
Scanline VFXVancouver, BC
This was removed by the employer on 7/13/2023 4:34:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Human Resources Category
Search for Global Director, People Operations jobs in Vancouver-BC
Search all Global Director, People Operations postings
Full Time Job
Scanline VFX is an award-winning leader in the visual effects industry with 7 studios worldwide. Founded in 1989, we are now a diverse team of over 1,200 from all over the world. We believe in the power of storytelling and are committed to helping filmmakers realize their artistic vision. Eyeline Studios, our virtual production division, is rethinking the future of real-time filmmaking by providing creators unmatched flexibility. Netflix's investment in both Scanline VFX and Eyeline Studios empowers us to continue to push the boundaries of what is possible in digital content creation.
As the Director, People Operations, you will be responsible for supporting our global talent team in developing the systems and processes that allow us to run efficiently and deliver an exceptional people experience across all studios. Reporting to the VP Talent, this role is the steward of productivity, efficiency, and analytics on a high-performing global team. Scanline VFX and Eyeline Studios are Netflix powered VFX and Production Innovation hubs. We are adding razzle dazzle to your favorite shows while inventing the future of AI-powered digital production.
• Lead and grow the People Operations team to achieve its business objectives
• Create, monitor and complete People Ops objectives and key results quarterly. Serve as a change agent, thought leaders, and insights oriented strategic partner in setting the business strategy for Scanline through collaboration and partnership with executive leadership
• Own all aspects of people compliance globally, including our policies, practices, and data governance
• Develop and launch new people programs with our Global Business Partner teams, making adjustments to account for legislative and cultural differences across markets and offices
• Review and revise HR practices, systems, and initiatives as necessary to provide optimal data and reporting to the management teams to enable effective business decisions
• Provide guidance and expertise on compensation matters, ensuring compliance with relevant laws and regulations. Drive compensation initiatives, including salary benchmarking, job evaluation, and performance-based incentive programs
• Lead the overall processes and approach to all areas of mobility including immigration, relocation, a growing remote workforce. Act as a subject matter expert related to government policies pertaining to all areas of the mobility function
• Monitor and maintain global and regional benefit and wellness strategy including implementation of new programs, when required.
• Maintain and roll out global employee engagement surveys, analyzing and reviewing results, making recommendations where necessary to enhance the company goals and strategic vision that addresses the organizations people needs
• Enhance and align systems vendors and policies to ensures appropriate touch points through the employee lifecycle: hiring, onboarding, managing, developing, transitions and terminations
• Develop and implement all aspects of HR infrastructure, initiatives and practices for scaling the business through continued organic and inorganic organizational growth, inclusive of a high performance, results oriented HR team
• Create, implement and drive programs which create strong employee engagement and retention among remote, hybrid and regionally dispersed teammates in close partnership with business and functional leaders
• Develop, champion and model Scanline's values, builds and supports strategies to facilitate communication and change management approach at all levels to ensure clarity, context, and connectivity at all levels in close partnership with leadership.
• Improve processes and strategies for scaled growth including but not limited to onboarding, offboarding, performance management, salary reviews, employee engagement etc.
• Identify opportunities to automate People Operations tasks, tackle process inefficiencies and inconsistencies, and improve people processes to elevate the overall employee experience and productivity
• Foster strong cross-functional relationships with departments and stakeholders to drive the effective delivery of HR programs and services
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of ten (10) years of progressive human resources experience across multiple business functions, ideally media, creative technology, production and visual effects teams.
• Five (5) to seven (7) years of experience evaluating, implementing, and maintaining HRIS and People Operations systems and processes
• Experienced HR leader with a broad understanding of all technical and functional components of HR with an emphasis on talent mobility, compensation, benefits, HRIS (preferably Workday), HR Operation and employee experience.
• Demonstrate a firm understanding of employment laws, policies, and regulations as well as a keen desire to learn about employment law in other jurisdictions: Canada, United States, Germany, Korea, India, UK.
• Experience managing regionally dispersed teams across multiple sites, and excel in business acumen across highly matrixed teams and functions
• Analytical and data-driven; you can use quantitative and qualitative reports and feedback to make informed decisions, identify themes, and create action plans
• Demonstrate mastery of cross functional HR functions and experience influencing and strategically solve complex problems
• Demonstrate solid judgment and experience assessing risk relative to the business
• Demonstrate experience learning and leading in a constantly changing environment
• Build trust, collaborate and cultivate relationships across teams
• Proven experience leading complex, transformational changes
• Experience in policy development and project management
• Expert consulting, coaching and facilitation skills
• Self-aware - you know when to ask for help or escalate issues, and are the kind of person who can learn from mistakes
• Team-oriented - you are comfortable working collaboratively and communicating effectively across departments
At Scanline VFX, we strive to set the highest standard of quality in everything we do. We are constantly challenging ourselves to break new ground and exceed expectations. We value curiosity and believe that great ideas come from everyone, regardless of genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We are committed to ensuring you receive equal treatment when applying for a career with us.
Facebook | LinkedIn | Instagram | | Vimeo | Twitter