Scanline VFXMontreal, QC
Full Time Job
Scanline VFX, a Netflix Company, is an award-winning, global leader in the visual effects industry with studios in 7 core locations. From humble beginnings over 30 years ago, we've grown to a team of over 1,400 made up of diverse nationalities from around the world. Underpinned by a commitment to innovation, Eyeline Studios, Scanline's virtual production division, is rethinking the future of real-time filmmaking by providing content creators with unmatched flexibility.
Come and join an innovative and collaborative team and be challenged to do the best work of your career!
We currently offer hybrid, on-site and remote work opportunities.
Scanline VFX, une compagnie de Netflix, est un leader mondial dans l'industrie des effets visuels réparti à travers 7 studios mondialement. Établie il y a plus de 30 ans, nous comptons aujourd'hui plus 1,400 employées dans notre équipe, composée de diverses nationalités. Animé par l'innovation, Eyeline Studios, notre division de production virtuelle, repense la production du cinéma en temps réel en offrant aux créateurs une flexibilité inégalée.
Joignez-vous à notre équipe dynamique de classe mondiale!
Nous offrons actuellement des opportunités de travail hybrides, sur place et à distance.
Reporting to the Environment Supervisor, the Environment Generalist creates high-level and diverse 3D environments for use in live-action feature films.
• Assesses the most efficient methodology per environment brief. Approaches will vary from 2.5D Matte Painting projection setups, through full 3D asset builds
• Provides and acquires photographic reference materials
• Performs tasks related to integrating imagery into shots and preserving a unified sense of lighting, perspective, and color
• Uses photography, practical, and digital skills to create 3D environments
• Revises work based on client and supervisor feedback in a timely manner
• Provides and receives artistic and technical direction
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Minimum three (3) years of previous experience as a Digital Matte Painter or Environment Artist for live action feature and/or television
• Expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
• Strong understanding of Houdini, Nuke, 3D environment layout, Maya, and camera projections
• Working knowledge of Mari
• Understanding and application of perspective in the creation of the 2.5D and 3D digital environment
• Strong willingness to grow, learn new methods and share knowledge with others
• Ability to work and solve technical issues independently
• Ability to take direction positively, work well within a team and thrives under the pressure of tight deadlines
• Excellent communication skills and an open mind
• Team player able to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
• Compositing and scripting experience is a plus
• Flowline experience is highly desirable
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.