Scanline VFXVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
Scanline VFX is an award-winning visual effects studio, with locations in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, London, Seoul, Munich, and Stuttgart. Attracting talent from around the world, current work includes Aquaman: The Lost Kingdom, The Flash, and Stanger Things Season 4.
Come and join an innovative and collaborative team and be challenged to do the best work of your career alongside some of the best talent from around the globe.
We currently offer offer hybrid, on-site and remote work opportunities.
The Crowd Artist is responsible for creating the motion of crowds in high-end visual effects film including simulation for planning and previz purposes.
• Creates digital crowd behaviors and simulations to achieve the look, movement, and style envisioned by the Director and production.
• Collaborates and communicates with VFX/CG Supervisors and Producers in order to implement efficient and effective ways to integrate crowd pipeline tools and techniques
• Establishes on-going communication with artists, leads, production and supervisors regarding schedules, deadlines, and shot/sequence feedback
• Attend all relevant meetings on shots, sequences, and production
• Proposes creative approaches and solutions for any specific shots
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Two (2) to five (5) years of crowd/motion experience in live-action feature film or TV
• Houdini and/or Golaem, Maya, and Python (required)
• 3ds Max experience (preferred)
• Rigging, animation, and lookdev experience are a plus
• Experience with Mocap Retargeting in Maya or MotionBuilder is a plus
• Experience with MiArmy, Massive, Houdini Crowds, or other crowd software packages is a plus
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Team player who excels within a collaborative environment
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.