Scanline VFXVancouver, BC
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Crowd Artist jobs in Vancouver-BC
The Crowd Artist is responsible for creating the motion of crowds in high-end visual effects film including simulation for planning and previz purposes.
• Creates digital crowd behaviors and simulations to achieve the look, movement, and style envisioned by the Director and production.
• Collaborates and communicates with VFX/CG Supervisors and Producers in order to implement efficient and effective ways to integrate crowd pipeline tools and techniques
• Establishes on-going communication with artists, leads, production and supervisors regarding schedules, deadlines, and shot/sequence feedback
• Attend all relevant meetings on shots, sequences, and production
• Proposes creative approaches and solutions for any specific shots
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Two (2) to five (5) years of crowd/motion experience in live-action feature film or TV
• Houdini and/or Golaem, Maya, and Python (required)
• 3ds Max experience (preferred)
• Rigging, animation, and lookdev experience are a plus
• Experience with Mocap Retargeting in Maya or MotionBuilder is a plus
• Experience with MiArmy, Massive, Houdini Crowds, or other crowd software packages is a plus
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Team player who excels within a collaborative environment
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.