Scanline VFXLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Scanline VFX, empowered by Netflix , is an award-winning, global leader in the visual effects industry with 7 studios worldwide. Founded in 1989, we are a team of over 1000 made up of diverse backgrounds and nationalities. Nowadays, Eyeline Studios, our virtual production division, is rethinking the future of real-time and AI-powered filmmaking by providing content creators with unmatched flexibility.
Join us and help build the pixels of the future!
As a Compositing Supervisor, you will be responsible for managing and supervising the team of compositors, briefing them, and providing timely constructive feedback. You will ensure consistency, develop production methodologies and creative approaches in anticipation of and to resolve problems.
• Plan and coordinate compositing deliveries
• Manage a team of up to 25 compositors across global studios
• Monitor team's progress and help diagnose and solve problems
• Ensure deliveries are completed to the highest standard, both technically and creatively
• Provide input to Head of 2D and pipeline team on compositor performance, compositing pipeline, and workflows
• On-the-box compositing of complex shots (live action sourced and/or full CG)
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Proven VFX Production based experience using Nuke and Shotgun (preferred)
• Previous experience as a compositing supervisor in national and international feature film
• Excellent understanding of techniques and technologies related to CG rendering and compositing
• Basic knowledge of color science
• General understanding of the whole CG pipeline
• Proven technical and creative ability in feature-film production environment
• Ability to take direction positively, work well within a team and thrive under the pressure of tight deadlines
At Scanline VFX, we strive to set the highest standard of quality in everything we do. We are constantly challenging ourselves to break new ground and exceed expectations. We value curiosity and believe that great ideas come from everyone. As an applicant, know that we are committed to ensuring you receive equal treatment when applying for a career with us.