Scanline VFXLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/27/2022 7:46:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Animator jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Animator postings
Full Time Job
Scanline VFX is an award-winning visual effects studio, with locations in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, London, Seoul, Munich, and Stuttgart. Attracting talent from around the world, recent work includes Free Guy, Black Widow, The Suicide Squad, The Nevers, Shadow and Bone, Lisey's Story
Come and join an innovative and collaborative team and be challenged to do the best work of your career alongside some of the best talent from around the globe.
Reporting to the Animation Supervisor, the Animator is responsible for generating high quality character, creature, and/or object animations for feature films.
• Generates high quality character, creature, and/or object animations for feature films.
• Works with other animators and supervisors to identify and solve problems, both technical and artistic
• Liaises with other production team members to ensure production deadlines are met
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Degree/Diploma in animation or related field or equivalent experience (preferred)
• Minimum four (4) years of experience in visual effects for live-action (realistic) feature films (preferred)
• Knowledge of Maya (required)
• Knowledge of Nuke and3Ds Max (a plus)
• Must have a strong sense of animation basics; acting, staging, posing, weight, timing and storytelling
• Ability to stay on model
• Strong understanding of the camera language; framing, perspective, lenses, coverage, continuity, camera movement, blocking, etc.
• Previs experience a plus
• A good attitude and ability to smoothly change and adapt with the project
• Background or experience in fine arts demonstrating a thorough understanding of physical motion, weight, and balance
• Knowledge of human and animal anatomy as well as life drawing skills is desirable
• Ability to troubleshoot/solve technical problems and escalate as needed