Animation / Layout TD
Scanline VFXLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Scanline VFX is an award-winning visual effects studio, with locations in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, London, Seoul, Munich, and Stuttgart. Attracting talent from around the world, current work includes Aquaman: The Lost Kingdom, The Flash, and Stanger Things Season 4.
Come and join an innovative and collaborative team and be challenged to do the best work of your career alongside some of the best talent from around the globe.
We currently offer offer hybrid, on-site and remote work opportunities.
We're looking for an Animation TD to join our Animation and Layout teams. The Animation TD helps the department run efficiently, and is responsible for creating and improving tools and department workflows whilst troubleshooting related artist issues on the floor. They will work closely with Animation/Layout/Pipeline leadership and be passionate about pushing the creative and technical envelope of our work in VFX.
Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and work collaboratively, the Animation TD perspective is customer-centric with artist and production team's requirements in mind. Python, Maya and teamwork skills are essential in this role
• Work closely with the pipeline and the Animation/Layout departments, designing tools to improve and speed up artist workflow.
• Will also help to troubleshoot and problem-solve technical and pipeline issues that artists may encounter in the course of their shot work.
• Interacts and works with other related departments and show specific leads.
• Creates scripts allowing for automation of specific tasks.
• Identifies and solves complex, systematic problems in the domain of the tools, plug-ins, pipeline and overall workflow development.
• Maintains and supports existing tools; fine-tune and troubleshoot as needed.
• Writes Technical Briefs and documentation for new developments.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Experience in VFX, Gaming, or similar development environment as TD is preferred but not mandatory
• Knowledge in Maya and Python is required
• Experience in Maya API and 3D is preferred and C is a nice to have
• Experience with rigging, animation and creature FX is desired
• Eye for detail and excellent organizational skills
• Team player with an excellent communication skills both verbal and written