Scanline VFXVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
Reporting to the VFX Generalist Supervisor, the 3D Generalist displays a high proficiency in varied skills across areas of realistic lighting, modeling texture, shading, look development, hard surface animation, rendering with the ability to composite their own work. As a seasoned VFX professional working on feature films, they are able to break down complex VFX shot work for workflow.
• Creates high-quality digital composites and visual effects for live action feature films and seamlessly integrates the various layers of a shot
• Executes a broad range of VFX tasks including look development, lighting objects, modeling, texturing, animation and rendering
• Establishes looks and / or follow set style direction
• Understands and follows production guidelines; solves design and / or effect challenges for key visual effects shots.
• Receives and implements feedback quickly and effectively
• Collaborates with other compositors to ensure shots are delivered to highest standard and on schedule
• Mentors and advise junior compositors and shares knowledge and techniques
• Escalates issues as needed
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Experience with 3ds Max software is preferred but Maya experience will be considered so long as you are willing to learn 3ds Max
• Basic understanding of MAXScript
• Must be able to work under the guidance of a CG Supervisor or VFX Supervisor to achieve the desired level of aesthetic quality and technical accuracy
• Proven development skills
• Strong sense of compositions, light, and color
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.