Scanline VFXMontreal, QC
Full Time Job
Reporting to the VFX Generalist Supervisor, the 3D Generalist displays a high proficiency in varied skills across areas of REALISM lighting, modeling texture, shading, look development, hard surface animation, rendering with the ability to composite their own work. As a seasoned VFX professional working on feature films, the Generalist is able to break down complex VFX shot work for workflow/schedules and support mentoring/training of others.
• Responsible for creating high-quality digital composites and visual effects for live-action feature films; seamlessly integrate the various layers of a shot
• Establishes looks and/or follow set style direction
• Understands and follows production guidelines; solves design and/or effect challenges for key visual effects shots.
• Receives and implements feedback quickly and effectively
• Collaborates with other compositors to ensure shots are delivered to highest standard and on schedule
• Mentor and advise junior compositors; share knowledge and techniques
• Escalates issues as needed
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• Ability to execute a broad range of VFX tasks including look development, lighting objects, modeling, texturing, animation and rendering
• Experience with 3dsMax software preferred, but will also consider Maya Generalist with a willingness to learn 3dsMax
• Basic understanding of Max Scripting
• Must be able to work under the guidance of a CG Supervisor or VFX Supervisor to achieve the desired level of aesthetic quality and technical accuracy
• Proven development skills
• Strong sense of compositions, light and color
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.