3D Generalist - Midway
Scanline VFXMontreal, QC
Full Time Job
This is a unique opportunity to work directly with the production team and director of an exciting upcoming film. ScanlineVFX is collaborating on Roland Emmerich’s new film, Midway and the on-set production team is looking for dedicated 3D Generalist support from January 2019 to June 2019.
• Responsible for generating 3D elements for compositing team.
• Has a broad range of VFX tasks including look development, lighting, modeling, texturing, fx simulation, animation and rendering.
• Experience with 3dsMax software preferred, but will also consider Maya Generalist
• Understands and follows production guidelines; must be able to work under the guidance of a VFX Supervisor on all 3D needs.
• Receives and implements feedback quickly and effectively
• Collaborates with lead compositor on the project to 3D requirements & needs are met
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• Degree, Diploma or equivalent experience
• Minimum 1 to 2 years of live-action feature film 3D generalist experience.
• Solid knowledge of principles of 3D, with software knowledge in ideally all of the following: V-Ray, Thinking Particles, Maya, 3DSMax
• Outstanding organizational and time management skills
• Ability to take direction positively
• Scriptwriting skills an asset