Santa Cruz WarriorsSanta Cruz, CA
Part Time Job
About the Position
The Santa Cruz Warriors are looking for hardworking individuals to provide top quality fun and entertainment as the team's mascot, Mav'Riks. The individual in this position will be a world-class performer and ambassador for the organization both on the court and at appearances representing the team with pride and passion. This position reports to the Director, Operations.
This is an excellent opportunity to share your expertise while learning more about this growing sports and entertainment organization that values your initiative and dedication!
This is a part-time position based in Santa Cruz, CA.
Willingness and ability to provide proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination may be required. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
• Perform at home games and community events
• Represent the organization in a professional and appropriate manner at all times, inside and outside the suit
• Create new forms of on-court entertainment, including skits, dances, stunts, fan interaction and improvisation
• • Procure, manage, and maintain costumes, outfits, props, and other items
• Other duties as assigned
Required Experience & Skills
• Minimum 1 year of mascot experience required, either collegiate or professional
• Gymnastics and dance experience
• Stunt skills and/or training, preferred
• An outstanding level of creativity, energy, and spontaneity
• Ability to excite, motivate, and entertain a crowd; excellent sense of humor
• Excellent and engaging interpersonal and problem-solving skills
• High energy, strong detail orientation and superior work ethic
• Ability to multitask and stay organized in a fast-paced work environment
• Ability to perform basic dance and gymnastics techniques (e.g., jumping, running, etc.)
• Ability to lift/carry/push/pull up to 30 lbs.
• Ability to stand/walk for long periods of time
• 4 hour shifts on game days, typically 6:00pm - 9:00pm
• Ability to work majority of all home preseason, regular season, and playoff games (i.e., nights, weekends, and holidays)
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Golden State Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.
We will ensure that qualified applicants with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Visit www.warriors.com/employment