Santa Cruz WarriorsSanta Cruz, CA
Part Time Job
In-Game Host (Part-Time)
About the Position
The Santa Cruz Warriors are looking for a high-energy In-Game Host to serve as the main personality for SCW home games, execute live promotions/interviews and act as the in-venue host. In this role, you will have the opportunity to utilize your basketball and sports knowledge to drive fan engagement and make an impact on game days. You will collaborate with leaders to provide an extraordinary experience to all of our guests, employees, performers, and clients. This position reports to the Director, Operations.
This is an excellent opportunity to share your expertise while learning more about this growing sports and entertainment organization that values your initiative and dedication!
This is a part-time position based in Santa Cruz, CA.
Willingness and ability to provide proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination may be required. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
• Be the main point of contact and in-arena personality for all preseason, regular season, and playoff home games
• Execute all fan contests, promotions, video features, game and team news throughout the game
• Participate and host community and partner events such as open practice, fan fests and other partner requests if available
• Build strong relationships with the local community by engaging with fans throughout a game day
• Demonstrate an upbeat personality and display a strong on-camera presence to connect with fans, basketball operations, players and celebrity guests
Required Experience & Skills
• Minimum 1 year of announcing/reporting/hosting experience (game presentation experience is a plus)
• Understanding of NBA G League, basketball rules and regulations, Bay Area and Warriors history and current events
• Ability to build positive working relationships with clients and peers at all levels within the organization and throughout the community
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Excellent and engaging interpersonal and problem-solving skills
• High energy, strong detail orientation and superior work ethic
• Ability to multitask and stay organized in a fast-paced work environment
• Ability to lift/carry/push/pull up to 30 lbs.
• Ability to stand/walk for long periods of time
• Ability to work majority of home games and other events including week nights, weekends and holidays
• 4 hour shifts on game days, typically 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Golden State Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.
We will ensure that qualified applicants with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Visit www.warriors.com/employment