San Antonio SpursSan Antonio, TX
This was removed by the employer on 5/3/2021 11:16:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Talent Academy-Associate jobs in San Antonio-TX
Search all Talent Academy-Associate postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Talent Academy-Associate? Overview
At Spurs Sports & Entertainment (SS&E), we work in service of something bigger than ourselves.
To us it is so much more than just a game or concert. It takes all members of our Spurs Family to harness the power of sports and entertainment to create moments that excite , memories that endure , and connections that strengthen our community .
We are excited to announce the launch of our new SS&E Talent Academy!
In its inaugural year, Talent Academy has two distinct programs for college students or recent graduates.
The Academy Associate program is a 1 to 2-year program intended for post graduate degree candidates. Associates are partnered directly with a high-level SS&E leader and emersed in their day-to-day responsibilities directly impacting strategic achievement of organizational goals. Because Associates are assigned to a high-level leader, they experience enhanced access and exposure to organizational leadership and strategy. Associates can expect to be fully involved in ambitious projects where their day-to-day responsibilities will directly impact strategic achievement of organizational goals. Candidates chosen will be assigned to one of the following a business unit leader for the 2021-22 season.
• Lori Warren, EVP Corporate Finance and Strategy
• Brandon Gayle, EVP Revenue, Brand, and Communication
• Bobby Perez, EVP and General Counsel
• RC Buford, CEO
Final selections for Fall 2021 programs are expected by the end of May with programs starting August 2021. All positions are based in San Antonio, Texas.
Opportunities are listed as Talent Academy-Associate, and/or Talent Academy-Professional Internship.
• Learn to run effective leadership meetings for the purposes of taking on the lead role for follow-up items with designated departments under your Executive Leader’s oversight. This includes building agendas, ensuring participation and attendees are prepared for meetings, follow-up on action items, and outlining next steps.
• Bridge the communication gap for your assigned Executive Leader by ensuring they are aware of the current status and progress for business operations major initiatives. This includes a wide variety of areas where the Associate can contribute such as providing briefings for key meetings or speaking engagements, proactive follow-up and leader preparation on vital action items, research for current topics or attended events, and building documents/presentations as needed. (e.g., identify goals and messaging, provide background on attendees, etc.)
• Bridge the business progress gap by driving results in support of your assigned Executive Leader’s business units. The Associate will be empowered to collaborate with business unit leaders to support the management of critical initiatives across the company and make progress on priority workstreams, advising the leader on key decisions, tracking deliverables, etc.
• Provide day-to-day organization and execution of various administrative support duties for the assigned Executive Leader as it relates to meeting attendance, note taking, calendar administration and general correspondence.
• Participate regularly in developmental classes and growth opportunities through “SSEU”, our in-house professional development university, to gain individual and leadership focused training.
• Collaborate cross-functionally with key stakeholders daily to support daily business operations and strategic projects associated with organizational goal achievement.
Are you passionate about sports, inventive, analytical, and detail oriented? If so, our Associate program may be a great fit. Our ideal Associate candidate will learn quickly on the job, be skilled in project execution, and be energized by driving results. Qualifications include:
• A GPA of 3.0 or higher, enrolled or recently graduated from a master’s level degree program such as Master of Business Administration, Masters in Finance, Certified Public Accountant, Masters in Strategy, Juris Doctorate or PhD.
• 3 years’ combined experience working within project management, strategy, or operations through work experience, internships and/or through student leadership roles.
• Proficient with productivity tools such as Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Teams, and similar programs such as One Drive, Google Drives, Drop Box, Box and Better works.
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills, and the right temperament to work in a fast-paced, high expectations environment.
• Strong presentation skills to include the ability to draft both short and long-form executive communications.
• Proficiency managing multiple tasks under deadlines while balancing shifting priorities.
• Schedule flexibility and willingness to work non-traditional hours as needed.
• Bilingual – Spanish
• Strong cross-functional project collaboration and decision-making skills.
• Experience working directly with leadership teams.
• Functional expertise in an area of focus such as Finance, Business Operations, Brand, Marketing, etc.
Candidates are interviewed and selected based on their academic achievement, area of interest, values-based alignment, and energy. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.