Spurs Social Media Coordinator
San Antonio SpursSan Antonio, TX
Full Time Job
At Spurs Sports & Entertainment (SS&E), we work in service of something bigger than ourselves, it's so much more than the game or concert itself. It takes all members of our Spurs Family to harness the power of sports and entertainment to create memories that endure, memories that excite, and connections that strengthen our community.
SS&E is seeking a creative and energetic social media coordinator to join our family! In this role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day execution San Antonio Spurs social media activities. This includes creating timely, accurate, and relevant content for our fans. He/She will manage the posting process, from concept to approval, to execution. Our ideal candidate will possess a strong work ethic, positive relationship skills to effectively collaborate with multiple partners and department leads to develop engaging fan content. Does this sound like a fit for you? If so, we want to hear from you!
In every position, each employee is expected to: Demonstrate Alignment with SS&E's Core Values and Mission, Collaborate with Internal/External Family Members and Demonstrate Ongoing Development.
• Builds and maintains a daily/weekly/monthly social media calendar for both organic and branded content.
• Collaborate with various departments to create, copy-edit and post content for San Antonio Spurs official pages on Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and additional emerging platforms.
• Proactively interacts, engages and communicates with fans across all social platforms.
• Writes social copy that promotes conversation and engages our diverse social audiences.
• Quickly recognizes, considers and reacts to real-time and emerging social media trends and current events, while working within the brand and culture of SS&E.
• Covers live events across multiple platforms and create reactionary, in-the-moment content exclusive to social media.
• Provides social coverage at practices, during game days, community events and other SS&E events as needed.
• Becomes a subject matter expert and educates various internal departments on the ever-changing world of social media trends and youth culture.
• Organizes and tags all published content through a third party social analytics platform.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• 2 years experience managing a social media account and content.
• Previous experience working in sports preferred (league, team, media, or technology).
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite / Photoshop (Premier a plus).
• Skilled at photography via a variety of devices or cameras.
• Video shooting and/or editing preferred.
• Ability to demonstrate an active use and understanding of social media and digital technology.
• Proficiency in analyzing and measuring the efficiency of, and ability to define, positive social content, and why.
• Ability to operate at the speed of digital – taking advantage of both proactive and reactive opportunities to devise relevant social content.
• Sit/Stand/Walk for long periods of time in an arena setting.
• Strong teamwork and collaborative aptitude required.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Possess a high level of relationship skills with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, which includes potentially long shifts, evenings, weekends, and/or holidays.
• Bilingual (Spanish) a plus.