Spurs Mascot Assistant
San Antonio SpursAustin, TX
Part Time Job
Mascot Assistants have the opportunity to see the entertainment side of sports marketing first hand. Assistants have the opportunity to work primarily with the Austin Spurs (G-League) mascots and staff, dealing with the off-site contacts, the implementation of the mascot’s performance from client requests, serving as the voice for the mascots during school shows, as well as providing added value to an event. Mascot Assistants are involved with the creative side as well and may be asked to work games after proper training. Light costume work may be possible or needed with the opportunity to be involved with the performance during an event. This position will provide ocassional assistance to the San Antonio Spurs (NBA) and San Antonio FC (USL).
In every position, each employee is expected to: Demonstrate Alignment with SS&E’s Core Values and Mission, Collaborate with Internal/External Family Members and Demonstrate Ongoing Development.
• This position will be located in Austin, TX - advancement opportunities are available.
• Assistants are part-time, paid positions ($8 hour for games or other events, $20 per appearance/up to 30mins).
• This role is seasonal: November 2023 - April 2024 (pending playoff/team performance)
• Assist mascots during events around the Austin area
• Provide security for Characters / Performers
• Assist Interactive Entertainment Representative with event preparation duties
• Example – Checking in with off-site contact
• Example – Coordinate event logistics
• Example – Setting up and breaking down of mascot props
• Assist mascots with creative performance planning for Austin Spurs, Spurs, and SAFC events.
• Example- Games
• Example- Video Skits
• Example- Special Events and School Shows
• Related duties as assigned
• Flexible with schedule; willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays, when necessary.
• Must have reliable transportation and a good driving record.
• Lives in Austin, TX or surrounding areas.
• Speaks well in front of people, w orks well with children and the community, i s outgoing and resourceful.
• Must have reliable forms of communication (i.e. cell phone and email).
• Entertainment experience preferred, but not required.
• Self-starter, pro-active, highly motivated and d etail oriented with a personal commitment to excellence.