Social Media Coordinator
San Antonio SpursSan Antonio, TX
Full Time Job
Spurs Sports & Entertainment is seeking a creative, energetic, and motivated social media practitioner to join our team! We are looking for someone to actively grow our fan engagement across our social media platforms. If you have a great work ethic and the ability to listen and consider various partners and departments, while developing engaging content for our fans, we want to hear from you!
Reporting to the Associate Manager of Social Strategy, the person in this role is responsible for the daily execution and creation of timely, accurate, and relevant fan content. He/She will manage the posting process from concept, approval, and to execution.
In every position, each employee is expected to: Demonstrate Alignment with SS&E's Core Values and Mission, Collaborate with Internal/External Family Members and Demonstrate Ongoing Development.
• Builds and maintains a daily/weekly/monthly social media calendar for organic and branded content.
• Collaborates with departments and stakeholders to create, copy-edit and post on our official pages on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat, TikTok and emerging platforms.
• Proactively engages and interacts with fans across all social platforms.
• Writes copy that promotes conversation and engages San Antonio's diverse social audiences.
• Quickly recognizes, considers and reacts to real-time trends and current events, while working within the brand and culture of SS&E.
• Covers live events across multiple platforms and creates reactionary, in-the-moment content exclusive to social media.
• Becomes a subject matter expert and educates teams within the organization on the constantly evolving social media trends and culture.
• Organizes and tags all published content through a third party social analytics platform.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• 2 years experience running a social media account and content; previous experience working in sports preferred (league, team, media or technology).
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite / Photoshop (Premier a plus).
• Skilled at photography via a variety of devices or cameras; video shooting and/or editing preferred.
• Proficiency in analyzing and measuring the effectiveness of social content while demonstrating what is good content and why.
• Can illustrate balance of extensive creativity, strong writing skills, and high integrity on decision making for fast-moving social media content decisions.
• Ability to operate at the speed of digital – taking advantage of both proactive and reactive opportunities to devise relevant social content.
• Strong teamwork and collaborative aptitude required.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Possess and maintain a have high level of emotional intelligence to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, which includes long shifts, evenings, weekends, and/or holidays with the ability to sit/stand/walk for long periods of time in an arena setting.
• Bilingual (Spanish) a plus.
Nothing contained in this job description is intended to be a contract of employment, nor does any information contained herein represent a guarantee of employment for a specific duration. Your employment with SS&E is ''at will'', which means that either you or SS&E may terminate the relationship at any time.