Senior Manager Of Purchasing
San Antonio SpursSan Antonio, TX
Full Time Job
Spurs Sports & Entertainment (SS&E) is seeking a dynamic leader to join our Family! The Senior Manager of Purchasing is responsible for the development of the purchasing department, as well as the design and implementation of the strategy for the purchasing and logistics functions. Additionally, he/she will maintain the sourcing, purchasing and supplier management processes. Reporting to the VP of Finance & Technology, the ideal candidate will:
*Bring their knowledge of writing and facilitating RFPs
*Identify strategic business partners to improve operations processes and reduce spending and order fulfillment time
*Bring expertise to lead projects on behalf of business departments and building operations to provide support for future capital expenditures
*Thrive in a fast-paced environment using data to help identify risks, manage resources and solve problems quickly and effectively
Does this sound like a role for you? If so, we want to hear from you!
• Select, train and develop staff while supporting their professional growth and strategic goal achievement. Ensure outstanding customer service is provided to all of our customers.
• Develop the procurement strategy, establish purchasing budgets, plans, and policies, and drive systems and procedures within the organization.
• Create supplier scorecards to measure continuous improvement while working with high-standard methodologies.
• Lead the commitment with our ''Small, Minority, Women, Veteran, Disable and Disadvantaged Business Enterprise'' (SMWBE), by identifying and recruiting SMWBE enterprises for us and our third party partners. Build and present reports on activation from SS&E and contracted entities.
• Create and maintain supplier relationships as well as qualify suppliers, products and services. Provide recommendations, and decisions based on business, financial, technical and service needs.
• Reconcile and support the Finance department with appropriate accounting/coding standards and reporting.
• Facilitate the purchasing contracts for the organization from the point of RFP, selection, to the end of the contract term in partnership with our legal team while collaborating with key partners regarding all aspects of the agreement.
• Track and communicate vendor reciprocation program spend with vendors and internal applicable departments (sales, corporate partnerships).
• Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, or related field preferred.
• 5 years related experience, preferably with vendor and contract management background.
• 3 year's management experience to include hiring, training, and performance management.
• Outstanding relationship skills to foster working relationships including a strong team ethic to interact at all levels in the organization.
• Highly organized with the ability to balance multiple priorities and timelines.
• Strong communication, leadership and negotiation skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Power Point and other digital literacy required.
• Ability to lift 25 lbs. or more and ability to stand for extended periods of time.
Essential functions listed above must be performed with or without accommodations.