Safc Security Guard
San Antonio SpursSan Antonio, TX
Part Time Job
This position will maintain established security policies and procedures that will protect Spurs Sports & Entertainment, STAR Complex/Toyota Field, along with its assets, employees, and guests. The person in this position must be able to control access into the STAR Complex/Toyota Field, properties, and its secured areas. This position patrols the facilities, paying special attention to activities or situations that may breach security or pose a safety hazard. Successful individuals will possess the ability to respond to emergency situations, which may require an immediate decision to maintain a safe and secure environment. Security Guards must have a basic understanding of security access control systems, protocols, CCTV, safety programs, and other security related equipment. Security Guards must be able to work outside in Must be able to work outside in inclement weather year-round.
In every position, each employee is expected to: demonstrate alignment with SS&E's core values and mission, collaborate with internal/external family members and demonstrate ongoing development.
• Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
• Patrols and responds to alarms/emergency situations inside/outside STAR Complex/Toyota Field. Provides quick, professional, and effective response in security and/or safety related situations.
• Serves and interacts with guests attending STAR Complex/Toyota Field facilities events. Provides information and directions to inquiries from the public or employees. Interacts professionally and notifies the proper authorities or personnel, as situations dictate. Provides information and direction to inquiries in a positive and friendly manner.
• Completes effective communication, both verbally and written where appropriate, in situations where reports are generated, or direction is needed. Prepares effective incident/accident reports.
• Consistently and appropriately problem solves. Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves safety concerns. Effectively generates safety awareness and training. Identifies and effectively enforces guidelines to reduce unsafe practices.
• A minimum of 1-year experience in the security field.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Level II Security License required while in position.
• Able to Lift and Carry 25 plus pounds as needed.
• Must be able to work long hours, flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Must possess good verbal and written communication and team building skills.
• Must be a self-starter, with initiative and exceptional, sound decision making skills.
• Must be able to stand and/or walk for long periods in extreme conditions for the duration of assigned shift.
• Must be able to work outside in inclement weather conditions year-round.
• Must possess the ability to meet dress standards. As a representative of Spurs Sports & Entertainment, dress standards are highly reflective of our brand.