Risk, Benefits & Wellness Administrative Assistant
San Antonio SpursSan Antonio, TX
This was removed by the employer on 12/26/2023 8:26:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Human Resources Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Risk, Benefits & Wellness Administrative Assistant jobs in San Antonio-TX
Search all Risk, Benefits & Wellness Administrative Assistant postings
Part Time Job
Are you self-motivated, have a keen sense of attention to detail, and interested in people? Spurs Sports & Entertainment is seeking a part-time, Risk & Benefits Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support to our Risk, Benefits & Wellness team in the management of our employee benefits and business
In this position, the candidate will gain experience and a better understanding of the role that employee benefits, compliance, and business insurance plays within an organization. The ideal candidate is an individual with strong organizational ability who manages time and priorities well and is precise and accurate. Candidate must communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, and possess the ability to exercise critical thinking, problem solving and judgment.
The candidate must work well independently and as a member of the People & Culture team. As this role will be privy to private information, the candidate must have the ability to always maintain strict confidentiality, both in and out of the workplace.
The candidate will provide a variety of clerical, coordination, and administrative activities in support of the team and will focus on the areas of business insurance, compliance, file maintenance and a variety of duties in support of department operations .
In every position, each employee is expected to: demonstrate alignment with SS&E’s core values and mission, collaborate with internal/external family members and demonstrate ongoing development.
• Process, verify and maintain personnel file documentation relating to staff benefits and ensure all documents are correctly completed.
• Aid in administering employee benefits, workers’ compensation, and leaves of absence.
• Provide clerical and administrative support to Risk, Benefits & Wellness team members, including scheduling appointments and drafting/responding to email inquiries, as needed.
• Assist with planning and overseeing various employee events.
• Heavy data entry and invoice processing.
• Various insurance related administrative tasks, including maintaining certificates of insurance and assisting with program renewal efforts.
• Learn and provide clarification on company policies, benefits, and procedures to employees, as needed.
• Other Duties as assigned.
• This position is part-time (no more than 29 hours/week) and requires the candidate to be in the office no less than three days a week and/or as needed. The selected candidate will need occasional flexibility with availability.
• Exceptional administrative assistant skills are needed. At least one year of progressive work experience as an administrative assistance is preferred.
• Basic knowledge of employee benefits and/or commercial insurance is a plus.
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written directions.
• Ability to establish and follow detailed work procedures.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Power Point suite skills are required. Knowledge of Concur Solutions invoice software is a plus.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
• High level of interpersonal/social skills and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information while demonstrating poise, tact, and diplomacy.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Detail oriented and excellent ability to follow up on deadlines.
• Organized and adapts well to a continually changing work environment.