Paid Intern - Data Science
San Antonio SpursSan Antonio, TX
Part Time Paid Internship
Spurs Sports & Entertainment (SS&E) is looking for a passionate business intelligence intern to join our team!
As the business intelligence intern, you will be responsible for basic maintenance of our data processes, helping build new data integrations and connections, analysis of data and visualizing and presenting findings. Our ideal candidate will use their knowledge and relationship skills to partner with multiple departments including Business Development, Corporate Development, Membership Retention, Ticketing, Strategy & Analytics, Finance and Marketing to support cross-departmental strategy alignment, data, and analysis needs
Does this sound like a fit for you? If so, we want to hear from you!
• Pay: $10.00/hr.
• Hours: 29 hrs weekly
In every position, each employee is expected to: Demonstrate Alignment with SS&E’s Core Values and Mission, Collaborate with Internal/External Family Members and Demonstrate Ongoing Development.
• Routine extracting, transforming and analyzing data
• Assist Strategy & Analytics team with data related needs including but not limited to: creating data visuaizations, assisting with data pipeline management, pull & create reports for various business needs.
• Ability to communicate complex analysis to a non-technical audience
• Deliver ad-hoc projects and analysis.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, statistics, mathematics, or related field
• Ability to communicate statistical and analytical findings to a non-analytical audience
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel required
• Proficiency in Python and SQL
• Experience with BI/Visual Analytics Tools such as Tableau a plus
• Knowledge of Microsoft Power Apps a plus
• A flexible schedule to include the ability to work nights, weekends and holidays necessary during a sports season
• 80% of job can be performed remotely/20% of work needed to be performed onsite as needed
• Ability to sit/work at a computer in an arena setting for potentially long periods of time