San Antonio SpursSan Antonio, TX
Part Time Job
At Spurs Sports & Entertainment (SS&E), we work in service of something bigger than ourselves, it's so much more than the game or concert itself. It takes all members of our Spurs Family to harness the power of sports and entertainment to create moments that excite, memories that endure, and connections that strengthen our community. SS&E is looking for a self-motivated crew member to join our family!
As an Operations Crew member, you will help with the setup and execution of events at the AT&T Center arena, as well as projects and maintenance related to the arena building. The person in this role will also assist the full-time operations team with ensuring the arena is operational and ready for events. Our ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, flexible availability to work weekends and unusual hours if necessary, and thrives working in a fast paced, team environment. Does this sound like a fit for you? If so, we want to hear from you!
In every position, each employee is expected to: demonstrate alignment with SS&E's core values and mission, collaborate with internal/external family members and demonstrate ongoing development.
• Assist full-time staff with arena setups for NBA games, concerts, and other events in the building. These responsibilities include but are not limited to; concourse set ups, locker room set ups, chair sets, stage builds, and more.
• Maintain and change arena set ups between events, moving chairs and tables, and re-organizing the building from the prior event.
• Help supervise contracted labor staff, assigning them duties as it relates to event set-ups/breakdowns, and training said staff in proper techniques.
• Support other departments, such as Event Services and Housekeeping, in efforts to prepare and execute events.
• Review setups and checklists to ensure completion before the building is opened to the public for events.
• Assist full time staff in keeping track of equipment inventory. Store arena equipment in an efficient, well-organized manner.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including long work hours, overnights, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Must work well as part of a team, with a crew of full-time and other part-time employees.
• Ability to follow directions and take initiative to work in a time-efficient manner.
• Must be detail-oriented and highly organized with an ability to simultaneously balance multiple tasks and adapt to change.
• Strong teamwork and verbal communication skills.
• Must have the ability to walk and stand for long periods of time and navigate through stairways in an arena setting.
• Ability to meet the physical demands of this job, which include being able to get in and around the facility (requires personal mobility), lifting (min. of 75lbs), carrying, moving, climbing, working from various heights, and moderate to loud noises.
• Maintains a high degree of attention to prevent injury to others.
• Conduct themselves in a professional manner around others and disciplined to create a clean and safe work environment.
• 100% of the work performed onsite as needed or based on event load.