San Antonio SpursSan Antonio, TX
This was removed by the employer on 4/26/2021 5:16:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Legal Assistant jobs in San Antonio-TX
Search all Legal Assistant postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Legal Assistant? Overview
Spurs Sports & Entertainment (SS&E), the leading sports and entertainment organization in South Texas is looking for an experienced Legal Assistant to join our family! The person in this role will provide administrative support for our in-house attorneys and outstanding legal team on contracts, compliance, and risk mitigation related matters. Our ideal candidate, will be a self-starter, have a service and learning mentality, and possess expert research and organizational skills. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
In every position, each employee is expected to: demonstrate alignment with SS&E’s core values and mission, collaborate with internal/external family members and demonstrate ongoing development.
• Initiate and complete legal research for industry issues, trends, and organizational needs. Provide summaries of research and findings to support the Legal team.
• Collect, examine, and organize evidence and legal documents for attorney review and case preparation. Prepare appropriate research or legal articles to assist with reports, case files and legal advice.
• Monitor, track, proofread and assist with drafting a variety of legal documents and correspondence. This generally includes cease and desist letters, liability waivers, contract components for internal and external fans, or other legal documents as assigned.
• Prepare and proofread presentation materials as assigned prior to senior management and general counsel review.
• Provide a broad variety of administrative and project management support to include, but not limited to maintaining confidential files in accordance with our file retention practices, arranging travel plans, reconciling expense reports, finalization of invoices and billing for in-house Counsel.
• Associate degree in paralegal studies, a paralegal certificate or a bachelor’s degree.
• 3-5 years’ experience as an administrative assistant, legal assistant, legal secretary, or paralegal supporting a corporate legal department or within a law firm supporting an attorney.
• Experience with legal research databases such as WestLaw, Lexis Advance, Nexis Uni, a plus.
• Ability to display excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, PowerPoint, etc.
• Can work independently, manage full workloads, and meet timelines.
• Must display a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information.
• Strong teamwork aptitude required.
• Strong customer service skills required.
• Thrives in a fast-paced work environment.
• Stand/Sit/Walk for long periods of time.
• Ability to travel/spend time in office approximately 50% of time. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.