Internal Communications Manager
San Antonio SpursSan Antonio, TX
This was removed by the employer on 3/24/2023 2:26:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Internal Communications Manager jobs in San Antonio-TX
Search all Internal Communications Manager postings
Full Time Job
At Spurs Sports & Entertainment (SS&E), we work in service of something bigger than ourselves, it’s so much more than the game or concert itself. It takes all members of our Spurs Family to harness the power of sports and entertainment to build moments that endure, memories that excite, and connections that strengthen our community.
We are looking for Internal Communications Manager to join our family!
The person in this role will closely collaborate with our internal partners on business priorities and day-to-day initiatives. They have a successful record and strong background in internal communications. Our ideal candidate will use a relationship-based approach to develop communication strategies and deliverables that align with our corporate objectives and values.
Are you enthusiastic about and have a talent for writing and building effective internal communication plans? If so, we want to hear from you!
In every position, each employee is expected to: Demonstrate Alignment with SS&E’s Core Values and Mission, Collaborate with Internal/External Family Members and Demonstrate Ongoing Development.
• Build and implement internal communication strategies that help inspire, inform, foster employee engagement and drive alignment with SS&E’s values, Vision 2025 objectives and key initiatives
• Oversee internal communication requests. Draft, edit and lead the review process for communications with internal partners. Communications should be purposeful, relatable, clear, concise and action-focuse Distribute communications via a range of internal channels, including email, executive communications, intranet, digital signage, Microsoft Teams, etc.
• Partner and collaborate closely with other internal teams (e.g. leadership team, people and culture, legal, brand, etc.) to align on communication priorities and opportunities
• Provide proactive and reactive messaging that supports organization-wide initiatives and program rollouts
• Identify opportunities to share and celebrate organization milestones across SS&E
• Brief and prep SS&E and department leadership ahead of key staff communication moments
• Manage communications for monthly One SS&E Town Halls, including agenda and PowerPoint development
• Implement data measurement and analysis strategies to guide communications learnings and best practices
• Identify ways to enhance and improve effectiveness of internal communication channels, including the company intranet and Microsoft Teams, by gathering input from staff and partners
Influence and Collaboration
• Cultivate relationships and function as a liaison with staff to have your finger on the pulse of employee sentiment and source potential story ideas
• Possess the ability to influence others and leverage design thinking to problem solve by understanding other people’s needs
• Establish professional working relationships with business leaders
• 5-6 years’ experience in internal communications
• Bachelor’s degree in communications or journalism
• Exceptional written, editing skills
• Proficient in AP Style
• Ability to communicate effectively with staff across the organization
• Experience collaborating with business partners and stakeholders within a complex organization
• Desire to communicate, collaborate and assist, approaching every day with a team-first mentality
• Demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy
• Ability to multitask and prioritize
• Effective decision-making skills with the ability to identify solutions, as needed
• Initiative-taking and eager to learn with a strong work-ethic
• Strong attention to detail with solid organizational and time-management skills
• Ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends as needed
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Power Point, Google docs and other computer skills
• Skilled in Microsoft Forms, Formstack and Engage or of similar applications. Ability to design simple graphics in Photoshop