Game Operations Assistant
San Antonio SpursSan Antonio, TX
Part Time Job
At Spurs Sports & Entertainment (SS&E), we work in service of something bigger than ourselves, it’s so much more than the game or concert itself. It takes all members of our Spurs Family to harness the power of sports and entertainment to create memories that endure, memories that excite, and connections that strengthen our community.
We are looking for a game operations assistant to join our family! In this role, you will be a part of the day to day operations of the SS&E Game Presentation. He/She will have the opportunity to work directly with the San Antonio Spurs and San Antonio FC franchises in the creation, planning, and execution of all game presentation elements. Additionally, they will provide support to the department in tasks such as, preparation assignments related to all home games, coordination of game night contestants, promotions, and follow up. They will also collaborate in planning various events such as auditions, community projects, and special events as needed. Does this sound like fit for you? If so we want to hear from you! This position is a paid seasonal position and does not guarantee employment once the season is completed .
In every position, each employee is expected to: demonstrate alignment with SS&E’s core values and mission, collaborate with internal/external family members and demonstrate ongoing development.
• Assist Game Presentation with game night duties including implementation of in-game promotions, coordination of booking and event logistics for National Anthem performers, Color Guards, game entertainment, and game-to-game contestants.
• Execute office duties such as answering phones, archiving and tracking game content, organizing and maintaining storage areas, market research, etc.
• Collaborate with department staff on planning, setup, and breakdown of events, such as pre-game and post-game activations, auditions, and other special events.
• Work with Entertainment Teams and Mascots in preparation of game day setup, community events, and other related events.
• Observe and learn from other departments through interviewing, shadowing extra events, etc.
• Other Duties as assigned.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Power Point and other computer skills required.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and support multiple high level positions.
• Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information.
• Demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy.
• Strong teamwork aptitude required.
• Strong customer service skills required.
• Strong good oral and written communication skills
• The ability to work independently and coordinate multiple tasks.
• Stand/Sit/Walk for long periods of time.
• Ability to lift/push/pull 50 lbs on a regular basis
• Ability to travel/spend time in office 50% of time.