Franchise & Emerging Market Social Media Coordinator
San Antonio SpursAustin, TX
Full Time Job
At Spurs Sports & Entertainment (SS&E), we work in service of something bigger than ourselves, it's so much more than the game or concert itself. It takes all members of our Spurs Family to harness the power of sports and entertainment to create memories that endure, memories that excite, and connections that strengthen our community.
Are two of your main topics of conversation (1) how much Austin has changed, and (2) reminding everyone why Austin is still the best city in the world? Do you wax poetic about 'good' queso? Do you order tacos with a side of tacos? Toss in a love for basketball, and we've got the perfect job for you.
We are seeking a creative and energetic new Austin-based Digital/Social team member to join our family! The Franchise & Emerging Market Coordinator, will be tasked with ideating, creating, posting and tracking highly engaging content across multiple social media platforms. Our ideal candidate will represent Austinites, understand internet culture, have a passion for hoops and be eager to create innovative and entertaining content. They will grow the reach and engagement of our Austin Spurs social media accounts – covering the Austin Spurs G-League team, the San Antonio Spurs, and lifestyle content…with an Austin lens of course. Does this sound like a fit for you? If so, we want to hear from you!
In every position, each employee is expected to: Demonstrate Alignment with SS&E's Core Values and Mission, Collaborate with Internal/External Family Members and Demonstrate Ongoing Development.
• Builds and maintain a daily/weekly/monthly social media content calendar.
• Helps with idea generation, content development, planning and scheduling for our platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and other emerging platforms.
• Proactively interacts, engages, and communicates with fans across all social platforms.
• Writes social copy in a defined voice and tone that promotes conversation and engages Austin's diverse community.
• Maintains a consistent presence in the Austin community and captures content with social media producers, or on your own with a mobile device.
• Works with content producers and on-air talent to produce short-form video content on and off the court.
• Collaborates with our Communications team to ensure content is aligned with our basketball values and culture.
• Quickly recognizes, considers and reacts to emerging social media trends and current events, while working within the brand and culture of SS&E.
• Provides social coverage at practices, games, community events and other Spurs and non-Spurs events as needed.
• Becomes a specialist and educates other departments within the organization on the constantly evolving world of social media, internet culture, and Austin generally.
• Organizes and tags all published content through a third party social analytics platform.
• Bachelor's degree preferred, or work experience equivalent
• 2 years experience managing a social media account and content calendar
• Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Premier a major plus.
• Mobile video and light graphic design skills
• In-depth understanding of current and emerging social media platforms and trends.
• Ability to think quickly and creatively in a fast-paced non-stop environment
• Thrive in a team setting where it is required to work and interact with several different departments daily
• Comfortable multi-tasking independently
• Strong copywriting skills – accuracy and being on-brand is paramount.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, which includes potentially long shifts, evenings, weekends, and/or holidays
• Ability to travel in and around Austin and San Antonio
• Bilingual (Spanish) a plus