Franchise Accounting Manager
San Antonio SpursSan Antonio, TX
Full Time Job
At Spurs Sports & Entertainment (SS&E), we work in service of something bigger than ourselves, it's so much more than the game or concert itself. It takes all members of our Spurs Family to harness the power of sports and entertainment to create memories that endure, memories that excite, and connections that strengthen our community.
We are looking for a dynamic accounting manager to join our family! Based out of San Antonio, the person in this role will be under the direction of the Director of Finance & Accounting, and will lead the company's accounting practices, policies and the preparation of its financial documents in accordance with GAAP. You will develop an accounting team and supervise the daily activities of the staff; communicate effectively with leadership and provide timely information for use in overall business analysis. Does this sound like a fit for you? If so, we want to hear from you!
In every position, each employee is expected to: Demonstrate Alignment with SS&E's Core Values and Mission, Collaborate with Internal/External Family Members and Demonstrate Ongoing Development.
• Prepare, examine, and/or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards for all of our Franchises. This includes, but not limited to; journal entries, balance sheet recons, bank recons, fixed assets and variance to budget analysis.
• Audit, monitor, recognize, and report any discrepancies or suspicious accounting activities by notifying vital personnel immediately.
• Plan and prepare budget reporting process for all SS&E franchises, which includes upload of budget into accounting system, produce budget financial reports, review areas of concern and monthly review with cost center managers.
• Manage general accounting staff as it relates to professional growth and development; while assessing their work performance and providing consistent support and feedback.
• Review and evaluate sub ledger processing and procedures for Accounts Payable and Sponsorship A/R billing and collection.
• Prepare and/or review schedules requested by 3rd party auditors or tax professionals (financial, sales tax, federal tax) as assigned and monitor external reporting to the leagues for gates receipts and sales tax processing.
• Preparation of financial reports and presentations for the bi-annual Board and Investor meetings as assigned.
• Oversight and/or preparation of franchise league reporting.
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
• 7-10 years accounting experience, with 2 year's supervisory experience preferred
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
• Experience with Microsoft Great Plains and/or a like accounting software package
• CPA or MBA a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to prioritize work when given multiple projects
• Ability to work in a dynamic team environment with all levels in the organization
• 80% of responsibilities can be performed remotely, 20% of work onsite as needed