Event Security Guard
San Antonio SpursSan Antonio, TX
Part Time Job
Event Security Guard I
This position will maintain established security policies and procedures that will protect Spurs Sports & Entertainment (SS&E) franchises, the AT&T Center, along with its assets, employees and guests. The person in this position must be able to control access into the AT&T Center and Toyota Field, properties and their secured areas; patrol the facilities paying special attention to activities or situations that may breach security or pose a safety hazard. Successful employees in this position must possess the ability to follow directions and quickly respond to alarms and emergency situations where an immediate decision to maintain a safe and secure environment is required. Security Guards would be required to potentially take immediate action and decide how to effectively maintain a safe and secure environment. Security Guards must have a basic understanding of security access control systems, protocols, and other security related equipment.
In every position, each employee is expected to: demonstrate alignment with SS&E's core values and mission, collaborate with internal/external family members and demonstrate ongoing development.
• Regulate and control access to restricted and secure areas. (i.e. event level, receiving dock, locker rooms, and other sensitive areas).Monitor, patrol and respond to alarms/emergency situations inside/outside the AT&T Center/Toyota Field and grounds. Provide quick, professional and effective response in security and/or safety related situations.
• Serve and interact with guests attending AT&T Center/Toyota Field games and events. Provide information and direction to inquiries from the public or AT&T Center/Toyota Field employees. Interact professionally and notify the proper authorities or personnel, as situations dictate. Provide information and direction to inquiries in a positive and friendly manner.
• Complete effective communication, both verbally and written where appropriate, in situations where reports are generated, or direction is needed. Prepare effective incident/accident reports.
• Consistently and appropriately problem solve. Identify, diagnose and resolve safety concerns. Effectively generate safety awareness and training. Identify and effectively enforce guidelines to reduce unsafe practices.
• Other duties as assigned.
• A minimum of 1-year experience in the security field
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Obtain and maintain a Level 2 Security License and Certification required while in position
• Must complete all steps required to obtain a Level 2 Security License at orientation
• Able to Lift and Carry 25 plus pounds as needed
• Must be able to work long hours, flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays
• Must be able to stand and/or walk for long periods in extreme conditions for the duration of assigned shift
• Must be able to work at both the AT&T Center and Toyota Field for all events assigned
• Ability to work outdoor events in hot, cold, wet or windy conditions throughout duration of the shift
• Ability To ascend/descend multiple flights of stairs in an arena and outdoor stadium setting throughout the duration of the shift
• Must be able to work the minimum of two (2) Events per week (when applicable) and three (3) events per week during San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo
• Must download the scheduling software program utilized by SS&E Event Security, on either cell or computer, to be able to schedule yourself for shifts
• Must possess good verbal and written communication and team building skills
• Must be a self-starter, with initiative and ability to make sound decisions
• Must possess the ability to meet dress standards. As a representative of Spurs Sports & Entertainment, dress standards are highly reflective of our brand
• Must maintain the standards set forth in the AT&T Center Event Security Policies & Procedures Manual
• 1 year of entertainment industry experience.
• CPR Certification/ Basic First Aid preferred.
• Knowledge of law enforcement or experience in the entertainment industry, security, military or law enforcement preferred.
• Employee will attend company, security and safety training as it relates to the security functions and components of the AT&T Center and Toyota Field.
• Employee is required to stay up to date with training in security equipment, equipment, alarms, and emergency procedures for life safety, and fire protection.