Event Marketing Coordinator
San Antonio SpursSan Antonio, TX
This was removed by the employer on 4/20/2021 12:16:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Event Marketing Coordinator jobs in San Antonio-TX
Search all Event Marketing Coordinator postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Event Marketing Coordinator? Overview:
Do you get excited about building a brand through hosting, activating, and planning live events? This is the position for you. As the Event Marketing Coordinator, you will work closely with marketing leadership to build an event strategy for the Spurs brand in the South Central Texas region. The ideal candidate will be focused on brand growth strategies, have a proven track record of creating unforgettable brand experiences, and have excellent communication and organizational skills. This position will oversee the Spurs Street Team, a team of part-time grassroots marketing representatives, who will bring events to life while also collecting data and generating leads. This position should currently reside or be willing to relocate to the Austin area.
As an integral member of the Spurs Sports & Entertainment Marketing team, this position will also help support the marketing functions for all franchises within the Spurs Sports & Entertainment portfolio, as needed.
In every position, our employees are expected to: demonstrate alignment with SS&E's Core Values and Mission, collaborate with internal/external stakeholders and demonstrate ongoing development.
• Lead the strategic planning of the annual events calendar with the goal of growing the Spurs brand
• Identify data capture opportunities when applicable; organize and track leads to report associated revenue and brand value, assisting with ticket and merchandise marketing efforts.
• Oversee, train and hire Street Team staff to ensure consistent brand presence at event marketing & grassroot opportunities.
• Assist in development and management of the event marketing budget, including monitoring expenses on a monthly basis for accuracy and appropriateness, completing timely reports to leadership and taking prompt and corrective action when required.
• Manage and support internal SS&E events as needed (i.e. Hype Team auditions, retail, theme nights, etc.) including the development of marketing plans, recaps & communication strategies.
• Work collaboratively with key internal departments (i.e. Game Presentation, Business Strategy, etc.) and external stakeholders to maximize each events' experience and ensure seamless data ingestion for later use.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Four-year degree, preferably in Marketing or Communications or a related field of study.
• 2-3 years' experience in a Marketing or Events role, or related field.
• 1 or more years' experience overseeing 1 or more part-time staff members.
• 1-2 years' experience planning events or supporting the planning of events is preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite to include Excel, Power Point and other computer skills required.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, proactively problem solve and be highly organized.
• Availability to work long, flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays supporting grassroots and community events.
• Ability to lift 30lbs with assistance to maneuver marketing activation equipment.
• Possess a clean driving record in order to operate company-owned vehicles.
• Ability to perform 80% of responsibilities remotely; 20% of work to be performed on site as needed. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.