Director Of Game Presentation
San Antonio SpursSan Antonio, TX
Full Time Job
Spurs Sports and Entertainment is currently seeking an experienced Director of Game Presentation to lead the in-arena strategic vision and execution of multiple Spurs Sports & Entertainment franchise events. Do you have the ability to work with senior business minds and articulate their messages into a produced in-arena show? Do you have the ability to draw people together to share ideas, create buy-in and translate that into effective execution for live entertainment events? The eligible candidate will oversee all aspects of SS&E's Game Presentation ensuring they are both leveraging innovative ways to engage fans in-arena and ensure SS&E branding initiatives are consistently executed. This position is responsible for the overall direction of the department including creating an exciting and entertaining in-arena experience, staff development, strategic planning, content development and budget allocation. The eligible candidate should meet the following qualifications: ability to lead teams to create and implement elements into the game plan, ability to think long-term and see the big picture as it relates to the department and organization, forward thinking and trendy to current entertainment movements and implementation of said trends into content production and game entertainment elements, and ability to team build and work well with others.
In every position, each employee is expected to demonstrate alignment with SS&E's Core Values and Mission, collaborate with internal/external family members and demonstrate ongoing development.
• Work closely with the Vice President of Brand & Marketing in leading cross-functional and strategic long-term planning for the Game Presentation department.
• Challenge the team to conceptualize and continually produce innovative ways for the department to develop in-arena entertainment and enhance fan engagement year-over-year, to include but not limited to the implementation of technology and video production needs to support franchise and other live events held at the AT&T Center and Toyota Field.
• Establish regular evaluation and analyze data to adapt the Game Presentation and Production elements deliver quality contract fulfillment, event day execution, benchmark achievements, customer satisfaction and team synergy including but not limited to video, sound and entertainment elements.
• Develop strong, collaborative relationships with the creative, digital, analytics, sponsorship and marketing team stakeholders to ensure a good cultural foundation is established for leadership of departmental staff. This includes collaboration and effectively communication with Basketball Operations staff to coordinate purposeful and impactful in-game elements.
• Ensure compliance to league regulations and track/follow up on all aspects of Game Presentations.
• Oversee and allocate budgets and resources for Game Presentation and Production department initiatives.
• Other Duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in Sports Management or a related field of study.
• 8-10 years' experience producing live entertainment, preferably in the sports industry.
• 5-7 years leadership experience to include development of both full-time and part-time staff, training, crewing of production and game presentation staff.
• Strong experience with brand campaign development, content creation, and customer engagement with regard to the in-venue experience and production.
• Team player, receptive to design critique and able to take feedback from multiple sources and incorporate it into cohesive creative assets.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Power Point and other computer skills required.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and support multiple high level positions.
• Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information.
• Working knowledge of audio/video equipment operation, and camera equipment as it relates to in-venue game presentation.
• Passion for sports and experience working in a sports environment strongly preferred.
• Ability to work in an environment where on-the-fly thinking and implementation.
• Ability to think big picture based on what's best for the department and organization.
• Ability to provide relevant feedback.
• Demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Must possess the ability to walk, sit and stand while directing events for long and potentially extended periods in an arena setting.
• Must possess the ability to work with technology and on a computer for long and potentially extended periods in an arena setting.
• Online portfolio preferred to demonstrate exceptional creative and technical skill.
*SS&E is an Equal Opportunity Employer*
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?
• How many years of experience do you have producing live entertainment, preferably in the sports industry?
• Do you have at least 5-7 years leadership experience to include development of both full-time and part-time staff, training, crewing of production and camera crew staff?