Digital Communication Administrator
San Antonio SpursSan Antonio, TX
Full Time Job
Digital Communication Administrator- Employee Experience
At Spurs Sports & Entertainment (SS&E), we work in service of something bigger than ourselves, it's so much more than the game or concert itself. It takes all members of our Spurs Family to harness the power of sports and entertainment to create memories that endure, memories that excite, and connections that strengthen our community.
The People Operations (Ops) team objective is to grow a diverse and resilient workforce who are uniquely skilled and experienced life learners dedicated to playing their special role to create enjoyable experiences for all. Guided by our Core Values of Integrity, Success, and Caring, we have passion and pride in what we do, while having fun doing it!
In this role, you will be a key member of the Internal Communications group working with the People Ops team (Human Resources- HR, Organizational Development-OD, Diversity Equity Inclusion & Belonging-DEIB) and business departments to execute innovative, informative, and impactful communications within SS&E. You will lead significant efforts in employee communications through our corporate intranet (The Huddle), company email and social media. Our ideal candidate will be technically skilled, highly motivated, an enthusiastic communicator who is passionate about creating meaningful employee connections with all of Spurs Family.
In every position, each employee is expected to: Demonstrate Alignment with SS&E's Core Values and Mission, Collaborate with Internal/External Family Members and Demonstrate Ongoing Development.
• Design and craft engaging and fresh content for staff distribution on appropriate internal and external communication platforms.
• Maintain the company intranet occasionally working with outside vendors on updates and maintenance needs.
• Translate written communication or concepts into digestible and visually engaging content.
• Maintain a writing style that is clear and concise which reflects an overall tone consistent with our brand and guidelines.
• Manage the content calendar and project list through WorkFront to prioritize requests and needs.
• Conduct quarterly audits of the intranet to ensure accurate and up-to-date information.
Collaboration & Leadership
• Cultivate relationships and act as a liaison with staff to understand potential implications for internal communications and/or the organization.
• Influence others and use dynamic and critical thinking.
• Work closely with the business analytics team to maintain an internal communications dashboard that measures effectiveness of various communication
• Identify areas of process or content improvements to enhance the internal communications function.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, marketing, communications, computer science or related field of study
• 2 years' experience in a position where strong customer service skills are practiced
• 2 years' experience supporting staff engagement initiatives and/or communication efforts.
• Proficient in web design, Microsoft Office, Photoshop and other digital literacy required
• Possess high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information while demonstrating poise, tact and diplomacy while collaborating with others
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including editing and proofreading skills, as well as the journalistic ability to source stories from employees
• Can work independently and coordinate multiple tasks with strong teamwork aptitude
• Previous writing and social media samples encouraged for review
• Stand, sit, walk for long periods of time in an arena/indoor and/or outdoor entertainment facility
• Ability to lift/push/pull 25 lbs. with assistance on a regular basis to support staff engagement events
• Ability to work remotely 90% of the time, 10% as needed for travel/time spent at the arena/event