Creative Entertainment Coordinator
San Antonio SpursAustin, TX
Full Time Job
Creative Entertainment Coordinator (Mascot)- Austin
The San Antonio Spurs Game Presentation team is seeking a Creative Entertainment Coordinator who is a highly motivated, self-sufficient performer with an acute attention to detail! We are in search of a candidate that has the skills to multi-task, meet goals, and ensure that all Austin Spurs elements of the mascot program are in working order and running efficiently. This position includes the opportunity of performing and supporting appearances, game operations, and other general administration tasks. The position will be challenged to conceptualize new skits, as well as other innovative ideas, to enhance game presentation. The candidate should continually keep up with current entertainment industry trends and have basic knowledge of working in video production.
If this opportunity interests you and you can commute from Austin and work within the San Antonio market, we'd love to meet you!
In every position, each employee is expected to: demonstrate alignment with SS&E's core values and mission, collaborate with internal/external family members and demonstrate ongoing development.
• Develop and manage DaBull's brand through live, virtual/social and community-based entertainment.
• Tasked with performing at appearances, which include Da Bull, The Coyote, and other costume work, as deemed vital.
• Responsible for performing at Austin Spurs home games (including but not limited to skit writing/performing, fan engagement, crowd interaction, etc.).
• Partner with the Creative Entertainment Specialist II to receive training in a manner consistent with DaBull and to work together to collect the necessary tools with which to perform to the fullest extent. Tools include costume pieces, props, and any other entity required to perform an appearance in timely and fully. All purchases must be approved by appropriate supervisors.
• Assist and support the Austin Spurs Game Presentation department with other events and/or duties, as assigned.
• Assist the mascot program at Spurs games and appearances as needed.
• Experience in professional workplace setting, seeking higher education and/or minimum two (2) years of team mascot experience, preferred.
• Availability to work Austin Spurs home games.
• Must maintain a high level of fitness in order to perform at the highest level as a professional mascot.
• Must have reliable transportation to and from the office, appearances and games.
• High level of social intelligence to work with all types of people while receiving and implementing last-minute feedback in performance from numerous sources. Takes direction well and works with team to discuss and plan new ideas.
• Creative mind with the ability to think on the fly, work in a fast paced environment and have a presence that entertains large crowds.
• Savvy in content/digital editing and development.
• This position is able to be performed remotely as follows: 35% of the work can be done remotely, 65% of the job needs to be done either in office, at appearances, or working Spurs/Austin Spurs home games. Greater flexibility for remote work is possible outside of the NBA season.