Business Development Account Executive
San Antonio SpursSan Antonio, TX
Full Time Job
Spurs Sports & Entertainment is seeking a qualified business development specialist to extend our market reach through expert discovery and exploration of new and untapped business opportunities and relationships. Our ideal candidate will be trusted to dive right in, take the lead, use initiative, and self-identify corporate sales opportunities. Highly skilled at sales and business operations, this person will join and inspire a team of like-minded go-getters to achieve our company vision by identifying potential leads to nurturing prospective customer relationships to close new deals. An ideal candidate will stay ahead of industry trends, learn what makes our competitors tick, and leverage efficient sales tactics to broaden our customer base outside of the San Antonio metro. This position will be responsible for identifying, developing, and growing San Antonio Spurs revenue streams in the new external markets through face to face meetings with business executives and decision makers in a B2B environment. This includes Season Ticket, Group Ticket, Suite, and Partnership Sales revenue for the San Antonio Spurs. This person must provide extensive customer service and continual development of relationships with prospects, customers, co-workers, and business community. This position must support the organization’s mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration, and innovation.
The incumbent in this position is expected to model the following practices on a daily basis: 1) Demonstrated alignment with the company's mission and core business values; 2) Collaboration with key internal/external resources and 3) Ongoing self-development.
• Meet or exceed weekly, monthly, and annual sales goals.
• Responsible for maximizing revenue through face to face sales of San Antonio Spurs products by generating new leads, identifying and contacting decision-makers, seeking out potential business opportunities, and by leading and facilitating sales pitches.
• Monitor and evaluate industry trends and customer drivers and meet regularly with management and stakeholders to discuss strategy.
• Implement and demonstrate outbound sales efforts by using sales and services best practices, prospecting, networking, lead generation, face to face meetings and data capture.
• Represent our products and services, starting with a deep and comprehensive understanding and following with consumer research to identify how our solutions meet needs.
• Managing both our existing sales pipeline and developing new business opportunities to build a short/medium/long-term sales pipeline in accordance with targets.
• Develop and attain personal strategies, procedures, and goals to increase sales for SS&E Properties while committing to on-going sales training and development of best sales practices.
• Maintain working relationships with existing clients to ensure exceptional service and identification of potential new sales opportunities.
• Assist and support the Manager of Business Development with all aspects of promoting and managing all SS&E Franchise properties and other department responsibilities.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• 2 years of previous sales experience.
• Business to Business sales experience strongly preferred.
• Proficiency in CRM data management systems.
• Understanding of TicketMaster Archtics Ticketing System preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Power Point and other computer skills required.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and support multiple high level positions.
• Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information.
• Demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy.
• Strong teamwork aptitude required.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong customer service skills required.
• Strong oral, written, and presentation communication skills.
• The ability to work independently and coordinate multiple tasks.
• Self-starter with an outstanding work ethic.
• Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
• Stand/Sit/Walk for long periods of time.
• Ability to work flexible hours including, evenings, weekends, some holidays & event nights.
• Understanding that 20% of job function would able to be performed remotely and 80% of work needed to be performed onsite including events.