San Antonio SpursSan Antonio, TX
Part Time Job
This position will maintain established security policies and procedures that will protect Spurs Sports & Entertainment franchises, the AT&T Center, along with its assets, employees and guests. The person in this position must be able to control access into the AT&T Center, properties and its secured areas; patrol the facilities paying special attention to activities or situations that may breach security or pose a safety hazard. Successful employees in this position must possess the ability to quickly respond to alarms and emergency situations where an immediate decision to maintain a safe and security environment is required. Security Guards would be required to potentially take immediate action and decide how to effectively maintain a safe and secure environment. Security Officers must have a basic understanding of security access control systems, protocols, CCTV and other security related equipment. Security Officers will have an understanding of basic security protocols and safety programs.
In every position, each employee is expected to: Demonstrate Alignment with SS&E’s Core Values and Mission, Collaborate with Internal/External Family Members and Demonstrate Ongoing Development.
• Regulates and controls access to restricted and secure areas. (i.e. event level, receiving dock, locker rooms, and other sensitive areas).
• Monitors, patrols, and responds to alarms/emergency situations inside/outside the AT&T Center and grounds. Provides quick, professional and effective response in security and/or safety related situations.
• Serves and interacts with guests attending AT&T center games and events. Provides information and directions to inquiries from the public or AT&T Center employees. Interacts professionally and notifies the proper authorities or personnel, as situations dictate. Provides information and direction to inquiries in a positive and friendly manner.
• Completes effective communication, both verbally and written where appropriate, in situations where reports are generated or direction is needed. Prepares effective incident/accident reports.
• Consistently and appropriately problem solves. Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves safety concerns. Effectively generates safety awareness and training. Identifies and effectively enforces guidelines to reduce unsafe practices
• A minimum of 1 year experience in the security field.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Level 2 Security License and Certification required while in position.
• Able to Lift and Carry 25 plus pounds as needed.
• Must be able to work long hours, flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Must possess good verbal and written communication and team building skills.
• Must be a self starter, with initiative and exceptional, sound decision making skills.
• Must be able to stand and/or walk for long periods in extreme conditions for the duration of assigned shift.
• Must possess the ability to meet dress standards. As a representative of Spurs Sports & Entertainment, dress standards are highly reflective of our brand.