Building Operations Coordinator
San Antonio SpursSan Antonio, TX
Full Time Job
Spurs Sports & Entertainment is looking for a self-motivated and hardworking individual to work at the AT&T Center. Under the guidance of the Operations Manager, the Building Operations Coordinator will play a vital role in the day-to-day building operations for all events held at the AT&T Center. In addition, the successful candidate will assist with the oversight of janitorial services, building setups/changeover, and auditing inventory. The ideal candidate will have a deep passion for a fast paced, dynamic environment that offers unique challenges daily.
In every position, each employee is expected to: demonstrate alignment with SS&E’s core values and mission, collaborate with internal/external family members and demonstrate ongoing development.
• Provide support to Building Operation Manager and department leads with setup, operation and breakdown of all events held at the AT&T Center.
• Maintain effective working relationships with third party contractors such as housekeeping, temporary labor and waste.
• Conduct daily comprehensive inspections to check the cleanliness of the facility.
• Maintain a feedback mechanism to monitor housekeeping performance in the venue, ensuring contractual and organizational expectations are met.
• Assist in the task development, prioritization, and quality control audits of the event operations scope of work.
• Verify and update a complete inventory of facility equipment, safety equipment, and supplies.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field or, equivalent experience and training in lieu of degree. (Minimum 1 year will be considered.)
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including long work hours, some overnights, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Must be self-motivated and have excellent organizational skills.
• Must be detail-oriented and highly organized with an ability to simultaneously balance multiple tasks and adapt to change.
• High degree of attention required to prevent injury to others; promote a clean & safe work environment.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Must have the ability to walk and stand for long periods of time and navigate through stairways in an arena setting.
• Flexible and creative when dealing with last minute request/changes with events.
• Ability to meet the physical demands of this job, which include being able to get in and around the facility (requires personal mobility), lifting (min. of 75lbs), carrying, moving, climbing, working from various heights, and moderate to loud noises.
• Proficiency in MS Windows and Office Suite is required.
• 10% of the job duties can be performed remotely, 90% of the work performed onsite as needed or based on event load.