Basketball Operations Analytics Assistant
San Antonio SpursSan Antonio, TX
This was removed by the employer on 5/6/2021 11:21:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Basketball Operations Analytics Assistant jobs in San Antonio-TX
Search all Basketball Operations Analytics Assistant postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Basketball Operations Analytics Assistant? Basketball Operations Analytics Assistant I
The Basketball Operations Analytics Assistant is responsible for coordinating and integrating the field of analytics into the day-to-day functioning of Spurs basketball operations and both the San Antonio and Austin Spurs coaching staffs. Assist in the procurement, storage, and presentation of basketball-related data, both independently and under the direction of senior basketball analytics staff. As an advocate for analytics throughout the organization, provide an enthusiastic, process-driven, and innovative approach to promoting and developing the team's analytical capabilities.
This position will work as a part of the Basketball Operations Analytics department for the 2021-22 season and will collaborate with the entire group, including the Director of Research & Development, Director of Data Science, Front End Developer, and Coaching Analytics Coordinator.
In every position, each employee is expected to: demonstrate alignment with SS&E's core values and mission, collaborate with internal/external family members and demonstrate ongoing development.
• Leverage analytical skills and knowledge of advanced basketball statistics to interpret basketball needs and translate them into data processes.
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate with management, coaches, medical staff, and athletes.
• Perform ad hoc data mining on large volumes of basketball-related data as requests arise, via SQL, Excel, or other statistical tools, independently and under the direction of senior analytics staff.
• Contribute to the management and administration of a Microsoft SQL database server including periodic maintenance tasks, and ad hoc batch data entry/extracts on large volumes of basketball-related data as requests arise.
• Other related duties as assigned.
• Strong analytical skills, including an understanding of how to interpret basketball needs and translate them into statistical analyses.
• Strong project management skills, including the ability to work independently and coordinate multiple tasks.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel (including PivotTables), Word, PowerPoint, and other computer skills. Working knowledge of SQL is a plus.
• Strong organizational skills, with a robust attention to detail, both to checking and working with data, as well as visual presentation of deliverables and reports.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with and communicate with people from all departments and at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to handle high pressure situations while still being attentive to the detail and excellent work product required.
• Knowledge of advanced basketball statistics, and knowledge of common basketball analytical resources, both public and proprietary.
• Familiarity with basic statistical analysis techniques (eg, regression/modeling, hypothesis testing, categorical data analysis) is a plus.
• Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive/confidential situations and information.
• A working knowledge of the NBA, and the NBA rules & regulations, is required.
• Stand/Sit/Walk for long periods of time.
• Ability to lift/push/pull 50 lbs. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.