Austin Spurs Quality Assurance Assistant - Medical
San Antonio SpursSan Antonio, TX
Full Time Job
Please note, this is a seasonal, entry-level position.
The San Antonio Spurs Sports & Entertainment is seeking to hire a certified athletic trainer, physical therapist or dual qualified AT/PT for the 2020-2021 Austin Spurs G-League season. The individual will take an active role in all phases of the sports medicine program and will assist the team sports medicine, performance and operation staffs in the running of their departments and the daily operation of their jobs.
In every position, each employee is expected to: demonstrate alignment with SS&E's core values and mission, collaborate with internal/external family members and demonstrate ongoing development.
• Assist in organization and completion of all medical and training-related G-League and NBA protocols and requirements throughout the season.
• Communication and collaboration on all player care activities with Austin Head Athletic Trainer, San Antonio Assistant Athletic Trainer, San Antonio Head Athletic Trainer and Director of Player Care as required.
• Coordination and assistance in all treatment, rehabilitation, or recovery sessions as requested by players or Austin Head Athletic Trainer.
• Daily documentation of all treatment, rehabilitation, or recovery sessions in team and league electronic medical records.
• Practice and game player preparation and courtside management, including all home games and practices and variable road games.
• Completion of all specific tasks delegated to you by the Austin Head Athletic Trainer, San Antonio Assistant Athletic Trainer, San Antonio Head Athletic Trainer, or Director of Player Care in a timely and efficient manner.
• High quality, professional and thorough service across all aspects of your general responsibilities.
• Experience as a Certified Athletic Trainer AND/OR Physical Therapist in a team sport environment
• Bachelor's / Master's degree in Athletic Training, Exercise Science, Physical Therapy or similar
• NATABOC Certification and eligible for Athletic Training Licensure in State of Texas AND/OR credentialed PT and eligible for Physical Therapist Licensure in State of Texas
• Valid driver's license
• First Aid and CPR certification
• Strong operational ability with an attention to detail
• Experience working in a dynamic team environment
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Strong work ethic
• Must be punctual and accountable every day
• Must be trustworthy and have a positive attitude
• Ability to communicate with medical, performance, technical, equipment, and administration staff
• Excellent email and telephone communication skills
• Requires weekend and holiday work, 40 hours/week and travel
• 1 year(s) experience in NCAA Division I or professional sport setting
• Additional credentials and experience such as: CSCS, SCS, CES, PES, etc.
Essential functions listed above must be performed with or without accommodations.