Athletic Performance Assistant
San Antonio SpursSan Antonio, TX
Full Time Job
Athletic Performance Assistant I-Quality Assurance
The San Antonio Spurs Sports & Entertainment is seeking to hire a certified strength coach for a full-time/seasonal position for the 2020-2021 Austin Spurs G-League season. The individual will take an active role in all phases of the sports science and strength program and will assist the team sports medicine, performance and operation staffs in the running of their departments and the daily operation of their jobs.
In every position, each employee is expected to: demonstrate alignment with SS&E’s core values and mission, collaborate with internal/external family members and demonstrate ongoing development.
• Assist in all aspects of the development of athletic development department at both the Austin and San Antonio Spurs as required.
• Responsible for planning, developing, and implementing periodized strength and conditioning programs for athletes in a team-based environment in collaboration with the coaches.
• Assist to design and implement Austin Spurs strength, corrective and recovery programs
• Perform the designed programs for player’s evaluation
• Logging of all relevant data on to the club’s online data management system
• Assist with internal R&D projects and development as required
• Weight room and cardio room cleanliness.
• Provide a high quality, professional and thorough service across all aspects of your general responsibilities.
• Assist the equipment manager with any tasks required.
• Experience in coaching as a strength and conditioning coach in a team sport environment; background working with athletes from a performance training perspective and have an understanding of principles of strength, conditioning, speed, agility, mobility, flexibility, and injury prevention as it relates to athletes
• High level of competence and MS Excel and experience with data management
• Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Exercise Science and Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology, or alike
• Strength and Conditioning Coach Accreditation (CSCS)
• Valid driver’s license
• Strong operational ability with an attention to detail
• Experience working in a dynamic team environment
• Communication skills
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Possess a strong work ethic
• Must be punctual and accountable every day
• Must be trustworthy and have a positive attitude
• The ability to multitask and complete multiple jobs at once
• Willingness to learn from a wide variety of medical, performance and basketball operations professionals
• Ability to communicate with medical, performance, technical, equipment, and administration staff
• Excellent email and telephone communication skills
• Requires weekend and holiday work, 40 hours/week and travel