Associate Manager Season Ticket Sales
San Antonio SpursSan Antonio, TX
Full Time Job
Spurs Sports & Entertainment is seeking a qualified sales manager to help ensure continue revenue production through their own skill and the leadership of a team of driven salespeople. Our ideal sales manager has in-depth knowledge of the ticket sales process, excelling at lead generation, relationship building, and closing deals. We’re seeking a quick learner with strong negotiating skills and someone with a track record of success who can inspire the same in others. The role demands a leader with a sharp mind and the ability to coach, advise, motivate, or replace sales representatives to create and maintain a high-performance sales force. Primary responsibilities include continuous recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training and developing new sales staff with the focus of generating, maintaining and increasing Full Season, Partial Season, and Group Ticket Sales for all Spurs Sports & Entertainment franchises including the San Antonio Spurs, Austin Spurs, San Antonio FC, and AT&T Center Events. He or she will be an inspiring team leader ready to ensure productivity and quality performance to achieve our long-term company vision by enhancing and increasing new relationship-based sales and customer retention. This person must provide extensive customer service and continual development of relationships with staff, co-workers and colleagues, and customers. This position must support the organization’s mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration, and innovation .
In every position, each employee is expected to: demonstrate alignment with SS&E’s core values and mission, collaborate with internal/external family members and demonstrate ongoing development.
• Recruit, train, lead, and develop Sales Representatives including, but not limited to hiring, monitoring, supervising, managing, coaching, mentoring, and evaluating sales staff on a continuous basis.
• Develop sales strategies, procedures, and processes for all sales staff based on best sales practices, protocols, reporting, tracking, prospecting, events, and other applicable guidelines for training, accountability, and consistency purposes.
• Identify, explore, and research new season ticket and group sales target markets and sales opportunities to expand customer base.
• Establish and communicate clear sales revenue and training goals and follow up with sales staff with appropriate feedback and direction for development.
• Partner with senior manager to ensure quality customer service and supervise a team with diverse talents and responsibilities.
• Establish, maintain, and grow internal relationships, including but not limited to, franchise ticket sales management, season ticket and premium services, sponsorships, partnership activation, community responsibility, human resources, game and building operations, marketing, and security.
• Oversee the sales team to ensure company quotas and standards are met by holding regular check-ins with team to set objectives and report progress to senior manager regularly.
• Coordinate and follow up with all necessary SS&E departments to ensure all customer service and sales opportunities are met.
• Attend, contribute to, and participate in sales staff department meetings as well as leadership planning meetings.
• Assist the senior manager with the creation, planning, communication, and implementation of all special projects, promotions, and sales programs.
• Minimum 2 years of marketing and sales experience, sports or entertainment experience preferred.
• 1-2 years supervisory experience or completion of management training program preferred.
• Proficiency of CRM data management systems required.
• Advanced experience in Ticketmaster Archtics Ticketing System required.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Power Point and other computer skills required.
• Proficiency in basic selling techniques and ability to teach others.
• Ability to prioritize numerous tasks, support multiple high-level positions, and be able to prioritize work when given multiple projects
• Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information.
• Demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy.
• Strong teamwork aptitude required.
• Ability to work in a dynamic team environment with all levels in the organization
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong customer service skills required.
• Strong oral, written, and presentation communication skills.
• The ability to work independently and coordinate multiple tasks.
• Relationship management skills and openness to feedback.
• Stand/Sit/Walk for long periods of time.
• Ability to work flexible hours including, evenings, weekends, some holidays & event nights.
• Understanding that 20% of job function would be able to be performed remotely and 80% of work needed to be performed onsite including events.