Accounts Payable Associate
San Antonio SpursSan Antonio, TX
Part Time Job
Spurs Sports & Entertainment (SS&E) is looking for a hard-working Accounts Payable Associate to join our family! The person in this part-time role will be responsible for ensuring accounts payable invoices are processed in an accurate and timely manner; assisting in preparation of checks, wires, and ACH transfers; and research as needed for audit, budgets, and variance requests while adhering to departmental policies and procedures. Our ideal candidate will be eager to apply their current knowledge and strive to learn more. Does this sound like a fit for you? If so, we want to hear from you!
In every position, each employee is expected to: Demonstrate Alignment with SS&E’s Core Values and Mission, Collaborate with Internal/External Family Members and Demonstrate Ongoing Development.
• Process accounts payable and expense report reimbursements for our organization.
• Audit, monitor, recognize, and report any discrepancies or suspicious accounting activities by notifying necessary personnel immediately.
• Supply and compile accounts payable related documentation for special projects and audit support.
• Other AP duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 2 years of college working toward an Accounting or Finance degree preferred
• 2-4 years accounts payable/accounting experience
• Previous experience in a multi-company high-volume AP department preferred
• Ability to apply concepts of basic accounting
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
• Experience with Microsoft Great Plains preferred and/or a like accounting software package.
• Ability to prioritize work when given multiple projects
• Ability to work in a dynamic team environment with all levels in the organization