Field Maintenance Worker
Salt River Fields At Talking StickScottsdale, AZ
This was removed by the employer on 7/31/2021 4:23:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Sports Category
Browse the Studio Facilities/Equipment Category
Search for Field Maintenance Worker jobs in Scottsdale-AZ
Search all Field Maintenance Worker postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Field Maintenance Worker?
Full Time Job
Definition: Under general supervision of the Head Groundskeeper and/or Lead Groundskeeper, performs entry-level maintenance services as part of a baseball ground crew. Assists experienced Maintenance Worker crewmembers with preparing and maintaining ball fields and surface areas while learning the responsibilities of the job. This job class is treated as FLSA Non-Exempt.
Essential Functions: Essential functions may vary among positions and may include the following tasks and other characteristics. This list of tasks is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not intended to be comprehensive list of tasks performed by all positions in this classification.
Baseball Facility Maintenance: Works with assigned experienced maintenance crew to learn to prepare and maintain baseball fields, common areas and facility grounds year around for ballgames, practices and special events.
• Assists with Mat-dragging base paths, claying and tamping pitching mounds and home plate.
• Learns to mix clay and assists with resurfacing designated ball field areas.
• Hand waters infield areas as needed.
• Assists with setting up fields for batting and pitchers fielding practice.
• Assists with pulling heavy tarps to cover ball fields when needed.
• Performs general clean-up of grounds and facilities including restrooms, dugouts, concourses, parking lots, irrigation pond and all open use areas.
• Assists with all baseball and non-baseball events and activities set-up and break down.
• Complies with OSHA safety standards in performing all work assignments.
• Performs difficult manual labor including lifting heavy weight, stooping, bending, digging, and twisting to maintain facility grounds and fields.
Turf & Landscape Maintenance: Assists with maintaining facility baseball field turf and outside plants, trees, and shrubs around the facility.
• Assists with cutting and maintaining ball field turf by mowing, edging, and removing debris.
• Maintains outside landscape of turf, trees, shrubs, gravel, walk ways and parking lots.
• Rakes leaves and clean walkways, fields, and other facilities.
• Uses hand tools such as shovels, rakes and hedge and line trimmers.
Miscellaneous: Performs other job related duties as assigned to enhance facility operation as required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics:
• Knowledge of the history, culture, laws, rules, customs and traditions of the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community.
• Knowledge of baseball facility maintenance principles.
• Knowledge of applicable tools and equipment use in the maintenance of baseball facilities.
• Skill establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers, management staff, and the public.
• Skill following verbal and written instructions and procedures.
• Skill with the proper use and operation of tools and equipment used in maintaining ball fields.
• Ability to pick up and move objects weighing at least 50 pounds.
• Ability to verbally communicate at a level that ensures productivity and quality of work.
• Ability to bend or stoop repeatedly or continually.
• Ability to work extended hours, nights, weekends and holidays as required.
• Ability to walk or stand for long periods of time and work in extreme heat and harsh conditions.
• Ability to pull heavy tarps to cover the fields.
Experience: Baseball or sports field maintenance experience preferred but not required.
• Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
Equivalency: Any equivalent combination of education and experience that will allow the applicant to satisfactorily perform the duties of the job may be considered.
Special Requirements: Requires the ability to work extended hours, nights, weekends and holidays.
• Requires the successful completion of a background check.
• Must be able to perform hard physical labor in the accomplishment of assigned duties under extreme weather conditions.
• Must be able to pull heavy tarps to cover the fields.
• Must be able to lift, carry and maneuver heavy objects and equipment associated with the work.
We are looking to fill one full time and one part time position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.