Salt Lake BeesSalt Lake City, UT
This was removed by the employer on 2/8/2023 10:56:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Coordinator Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Communications Coordinator jobs in Salt Lake City-UT
Search all Communications Coordinator postings
Full Time Job
Communications Coordinator (Full-Time Internship)
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for interacting daily with the media, team, and various departments within the Bees organization to promote the team on and off the field. The Communications Coordinator champions the company's Mission and Vision and models the company Values.
This position is a full-time internship lasting from March-September of 2023.
The Communications Coordinator will be expected to:
• Protect the moral, legal, and financial assets and wellbeing of the company.
• Continually teach associates new and better ways of doing business with an emphasis on STEWARDSHIP, ACCOUNTABILITY, and GUEST SERVICE
• Assist in all aspects of the team's public/media/community relations efforts.
• Prepare and execute media events (press conferences, media day, etc.).
• Create game day materials for all 150 Bees games (game notes, lineups, roster, etc.).
• Supply content for team website and social media channels.
• Assist with production of team media guide.
• Monitor press box before, during and following games.
• Attend team community relations functions.
• Fulfill team donation requests.
• Help with team needs including statistical information.
• Serve as backup for press box duties such as field timing coordinator, official scorer, and MLB stringer.
• Assist print, radio, and television media at Smith's Ballpark with interview requests.
• Cultivate and pitch stories to local media.
• Support the building of a diverse culture that enriches the lives of our employees, customers, partners and communities.
• Embrace a culture of inclusion where guests and team members feel welcomed, valued and heard.
• Enrich lives by creating winning experiences and timeless memories.
• Operate with an emphasis on safety for employees, teams, and guests.
• Be a student. Be a teacher. Be a leader.
• Other duties as assigned
• Communicates Effectively
• Manages Conflict
• Organizational Savvy
• Customer Focus
• Decision Quality
• Action Oriented
• Ensures Accountability
• Manages Ambiguity
• Preference for those majoring or having graduated in a field related to sports communications or public relations.
• Previous experience working with college or professional sports team is a plus.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Solid knowledge of the game of baseball including statistics and terminology.
• Ability to multi-task and work in pressure situations.
• Punctual, detail-oriented and professional attitude that works well with others.
• Ability to work at 75 Bees home games often on nights, weekends and holidays.
• Bilingual, with ability to proficiently read and write in Spanish, not required but is a plus.
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment background and drug screening.
Physical, Mental, and Communication Requirements:
• Must be able to communicate in English.
• This person must be able to communicate and express themselves both written and verbally.
• This person must be able to observe, inspect, estimate and assess.
• This person must be able to sit, stand, bend, walk, and climb stairs for long periods of time.
• This person must be able to lift 20 lbs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.