Intern - Social Media
Salisbury Community TV & Media Center, Inc.Salisbury, MA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Social Media jobs in Salisbury-MA
Search all Intern - Social Media postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Intern - Social Media? Job Summary
SCTV is looking for a creative social media intern to join our growing team. The Social Media Intern will work closely with key Staff & Board members and be responsible for planning social media calendars, creating social media posts and assisting the social media team with brainstorming campaigns. To be successful as a Social Media Intern you must have excellent knowledge of various social media platforms. A good Social Media Intern combines creative campaign ideas with analytical skills to create successful posts.
This role offers the intern a total immersion into a community non-profit's social media ''kick-off'' (not technically, more of a re-boot). The successful candidate will work closely with key members of the Board & staff to learn about social media, digital communications and marketing for a community TV station. This role will be instrumental in increasing our social media presence and gaining visibility for our station within Salisbury and neighboring communities, ensuring that residents and followers have the latest information about SCTV, Salisbury and the community.
The intern will assist the Social Media Committee Chair (SMCC) and staff to identify, conceptualize, design and execute campaigns to boost engagement, educate and inform our audience about what we do. The initial focus will be on Facebook; Twitter, Instagram and YouTube can/may be added on successively. The ideal applicant will possess strong knowledge of and experience in the social media landscape as a marketing and fan engagement vehicle.
Our internship program provides an up-and-coming social media student with the opportunity to gain significant social media experience while learning from professionals and making an impact for the public good. This is a part-time, unpaid internship. Interns must be able to complete a minimum of 15-20 hours each week. Flexibility with your schedule is essential. This is a virtual remote position (unless you reside close to Salisbury). There are opportunities for this intern to participate in live events, contingent upon location.
• Assist in keeping our Community Calendar up to date. Adding/linking this info to a Google calendar, which can be imbedded into FB page, as well as the website. This calendar could become the community of Salisbury's information board on what's going on in Town and allow residents the opportunity to submit info/posts about what's happening around town.
• Assist in creating content, posts and events on SCTV's Facebook (FB) page, in a timely manner, including properly tagging those involved and using the most effective # (hashtags) for the posts.
• Conduct research on local TV stations, and put together an analytical analysis of content, likes, etc. - to be further clarified with SMCC.
• Utilize Hootsuite and/or other social media management sites, as deemed necessary, to assist in the timely scheduling of posts.
• Assist in developing and keeping up to date a ''SCTV's Facebook Guide'' guidelines.
• Participate in online social media training.
• Work with the social media team to create and implement social media campaigns.
• Assist in writing engaging social media content and post using Hootsuite.
• Produce short, engaging videos for social media.
• Research and develop online partnerships with SCTV supporters, followers and the like.
• Provide support at live and online events, if/when possible.
Depending on intern's time commitment, the intern may also be requested to participate in the following tasks:
• Research, create and schedule tweets on SCTV's Twitter page. Intern will put together a 14 day Twitter plan, in ample time to be reviewed & edited by SMCC.
• Assist in developing and updating guidelines for ''How To Tweet & Post for SCTV''.
• Instagram, YouTube, TikTok etc. are other social media platforms that, time permitting, intern may be requested to assist with.
Jobs Skills & Qualifications:
A successful Social Media Intern candidate will have diverse educational qualifications and technical skills to deliver on the job. These include:
• Arts or Business Major (Social Media, communications, media, PR, marketing, Digital Promotions or related fields) - 3rd year student min. required.
• 1-2 years of experience with Internet and social media platforms, NOT personal experience, but in a professional and/or academic capacity.
• Energetic and creative; Hard-working and team-oriented; Organized, and with direct knowledge of and experience with working virtually.
• Experience with the major social media platforms including Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter.
• Ability to multitask and highly organized, skilled in Office platforms.
• Impeccable oral and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of social media analytics software including Facebook Insights, Google Analytics and Twitter Analytics to track audience engagement and campaign performance (desired but not required)
unpaid internship. available for college credits
Salisbury Community TV & Media Center, Inc. (SCTVMC) is the independent non-profit membership organization that provides ''PEG'' (public/educational/government) access TV services to the Town of Salisbury, Massachusetts. SCTVMC was incorporated in 2007 after the Town negotiated a ten-year cable television franchise agreement with Comcast that was recently renewed. A separate Town contract turns over all local public, educational, and government access production and programming to the SCTVMC Board. We cablecast and livestream meetings of several Salisbury town boards and cover local cultural events. We operate remote-controlled multi-camera production systems in Town Hall, the Salisbury Public Library, an interim studio, and a remote TV van. We also feature programs produced by Triton Regional School District and by Salisbury residents using our portable equipment or their own smartphones. We operate a Community Bulletin Board and a calendar that could be greatly enhanced through social media. SCTV is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We expect our programming, membership, and participation to grow in direct response to an expanded social media presence that this new intern will direct to further engage our community and encourage participation. Come grow with us!