SAG-AFTRANew York, NY
Full Time Job
Workflow Coordinator (Theatrical)
Who We Are
SAG-AFTRA is the iconic American labor union that represents approximately 160,000 media professionals. SAG-AFTRA employees support our members and thrive on securing the strongest protections by negotiating the best wages, working conditions, health and pension benefits. We preserve and expand members’ work opportunities, vigorously enforce our contracts and protect our members against unauthorized use of their work. ?
What You’ll Do
The Workflow Coordinator is responsible for managing the Theatrical Contracts department’s production and signatory documents housed in the NY office both electronically and in hard copy, creating documents at the request of the Theatrical Signatory Representatives, tracking background payroll records and other various aspects of workflow for the Theatrical department. As a member of the Entertainment Contracts team, you will be tasked with the following areas of responsibility:
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed and the average percent of time spent on each function. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• Organize and preserve hard copy and digital signatory and production document files according to the established retention schedule.
• Coordinate with the Documentum Center to select files and prep them for scanning.
• Provide back up and training on SAG AFTRA systems: Oracle, Documentum, Qlikview.
• Create, copy, paste Financial Assurances Legal Template documents as requested.
• Prepare the monthly NY Production Show Sheet and weekly updates.
• Inventory weekly Background Payroll registers and secure missing records.
• Assist the Senior Manager in creating the Quarterly Reports on Film/TV/New Media productions in New York.
• Trains temp staff on the department’s process and procedures
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Manager and/or Director
What You’ll Need
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• Able to relay information accurately and promptly.
• Able to organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks under daily deadlines.
• Detail oriented.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally.
• Able to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
• Able to use Microsoft Office and PC applications.
• Able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• Work independently and as part of a team
• Must be customer service oriented, able to deal with difficult situations, producers and performers.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
• Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined by SAG-AFTRA’s attendance policy.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours per day or per week, including weekends, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Basic skills: spelling, math, grammar, scanning and filing – passing score: 80%
• Microsoft Word and Excel tests (basic, intermediate and advanced) – passing score: 76%
• Typing test 35 WPM
What You’ll Get
We are a great place to work because we offer:
• Colleagues that are passionate about what we do and how they contribute to our mission
• Balance between work and home life responsibilities
• Affordable and comprehensive medical and dental plans
• Generous pension plan
• Employee discounts and perks