SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
What You’ll Do
The Strategic Researcher is responsible for analyzing companies, industry trends, and public policies related to the media and entertainment industries, and applying findings to develop organizing campaign strategies and supporting organizing campaign communication strategies.
This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.
• Research companies in our industries using a wide variety of sources.
• Identify and analyze industry trends and developments related to organizing.
• Develop innovative policy or regulatory strategies to support organizing.
• Developing targeting strategies for organizing campaigns.
• Communicate and build relationships with a wide variety of players including community organizations, company officials, government staff and elected leaders.
• Apply analytical findings to develop organizing campaign strategies and support campaign communication strategies.
• Travel on an as needed basis.
• Special projects and additional duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need
We want to make sure you’re successful. To be considered, you must have:
• Passion for, and commitment to, the labor movement and workers' rights.
• Strong analytical, writing, and interpersonal skills.
• Familiarity with data sources relevant to corporate structure, behavior and finance.
• Familiarity with labor and employment law.
• Familiarity with media industries preferred.
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
• Ability to effectively manage a workload with competing priorities and deadlines
• Demonstrated effective skills in the use of PC applications.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft office products (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
• Detail oriented.
• Ability to organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks under daily deadlines.
• Able to work under pressure.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally.
• Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA's sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours (and/or overtime for applicable non- exempt positions) per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs
• Bachelors’ degree or equivalent experience.
• Relevant experience as a researcher, journalist, or activist.
• Experience with labor or community organizing.
What You’ll Get
We are a great place to work because we offer:
• Colleagues that are passionate about what we do and how they contribute to our mission
• Autonomy to do your job well
• Balance between work and home life responsibilities
• Affordable and comprehensive medical and dental plans
• Generous pension plan
• Employee discounts and perks
Who We Are
SAG-AFTRA is the iconic American labor union that represents approximately 160,000 media professionals. SAG-AFTRA employees support our members and thrive on securing the strongest protections by negotiating the best wages, working conditions, health and pension benefits. We preserve and expand members’ work opportunities, vigorously enforce our contracts and protect our members against unauthorized use of their work. -