Specialist, Communications & Marketing
SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Under the direction of the National Director, Communications & Marketing, the Specialist, Communications & Marketing will manage and/or support programs, strategies and production of communications and marketing products and initiatives, particularly member communications. The ideal candidate for this role has strong writing skills as well as a background and passion for email marketing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinate, create, QA and deliver compelling email communications for various audiences through Oracle’s Eloqua Marketing Cloud.
• Oversee daily email operations and approvals to ensure emails are completed and deployed on time.
• Monitor and deliver reports on campaign analytics and delivery performance.
• Segment email lists, monitor preference center and manage subscriber database to improve response.
• Assist in documentation/implementation of new email processes and best practices.
• Post content and updates to website and social media as directed.
• Work with team to ensure completion of production activities within the department, such as production of SAG-AFTRA magazine and other publications.
• Responsible for some writing, editing, producing various content, working with advertising and/or advertisers as needed.
• Manage and expand member deals and discounts program.
• Support media relations outreach efforts as directed. This may include, but is not limited to photography, fielding media inquiries, disseminating P.R, materials, attending events and tracking P.R. efforts.
• Must be able to effectively interface with members and staff on a regular basis.
• Perform other duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Communications & Marketing
• Principles, best practices and techniques of the email marketing industry and marketing automation.
• Database and records management principles and practices.
• Principles and methods of developing effective informational and presentation materials.
• Proficiency in business communication, including spelling, grammar and punctuation. Excellent editing ability and working knowledge of AP Style.
• Must be able to communicate effectively in English, in both verbal and written form.
• Good working knowledge of public relations standards and practices.
• Knowledge of computers/internet/social media best practices.
• Ability to work well independently and within a team.
• Demonstrate effective skills in the use of PC and Mac applications.
• Ability to be flexible and adapt to a fast-paced environment.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Ability to organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks under daily deadlines.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
• Superlative interpersonal skills. High degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds, both internally and externally.
• Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined by SAG-AFTRA’s attendance policy.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours per day or per week, including weekends as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• Bachelor’s Degree required; Journalism, Communications, Marketing or related field preferred.
• At least 2 years email marketing, public relations or communications experience required.
• Bilingual proficiency preferred (Spanish/English).
• Knowledge/interest in the entertainment industry preferred.
• Proficiency with online content management systems such as Drupal, Eloqua and Sharepoint preferred, along with basic working knowledge of HTML.
• Experience with Adobe content creation/editing software (Photoshop, InDesign, etc.) a plus.
• Prior sales/customer relations experience a plus.
• Experience with basic media relations practices and relevant software (Cision) a plus.
Certificates, licenses, and/or registrations:
• Oracle Eloqua Marketing Cloud Certified a plus.