Social Media Specialist
SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Social Media Specialist (Communications & Marketing)
What You’ll Do
A cover letter and links to/attachments of samples of personally written social media campaigns and analytic reports required.
The Social Media Specialist manages and helps shape SAG-AFTRA’s multiple social media channels. The Specialist is responsible for creating daily content, developing and executing campaigns, and provides regular reporting, analytics and recommendations. This position plays a critical role in building awareness of, and affinity for, the SAG-AFTRA brand.
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• Optimize SAG-AFTRA social media channels to increase engagement and visibility.
• Plan, develop and execute the content marketing calendar.
• Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (copy, images, videos) that maintains and builds strong, meaningful engagement — and encourages SAG-AFTRA community members to take action, get involved, feel inspired, etc.
• Produce creative graphics, GIFs and video/audio assets to be used across social platforms that are aligned with the brand.
• Execute and collaborate on the development of multiple campaigns across the organization’s social media platforms.
• Track social analytics, competitive listening, issue/trend tracking and create reports summarizing key performance metrics.
• Efficiently create time-sensitive original copy for social media posts and ads.
• Build and cultivate an engaged community of union members, supporters and followers.
• Monitor, moderate, respond and escalate conversations as needed.
• Attend and report on events and union activities as assigned.
• Collaborate with other internal departments to develop and advance campaigns, identify key players, maintain approvals, and coordinate actions.
• Monitor all applicable third-party social media content (user-generated, like-minded groups, producers) and identify ways for our organization to continue ongoing social media conversations.
• Leverage competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, analytics, metrics, messaging and audience identification to expand SAG-AFTRA’s social media reach.
• Follow and execute official policy, procedure and style guides for all communications activities.
• Help develop, implement and maintain a social-specific style guide, including tone, voice, look and feel, branding, etc. for each channel.
• Collaborate with department team on comprehensive paid digital marketing programs.
• Develop strategy and profile for new (to SAG-AFTRA) platforms, including Clubhouse, TikTok.
• Develop and implement native social events (IG Live, FB Live, etc.).
• Undertake special projects and assignments and other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need
We want to make sure you’re successful. To be considered, you must have:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
We want to make sure you’re successful. To be considered, you must have:
Communications & Marketing
• Proven social media management, experience with multiple platforms and their available tools, awareness for emerging and opportunity platforms, and reporting of social analytics and KPIs (experience with HootSuite, Loomly and Meltwater a plus).
• Extensive knowledge of social media best practices.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential (experience with Google Workspace a plus).
• Ability to quickly produce creative, impactful social media content in brand voice and often within strict confines and practices of the organization (must provide examples of published work).
• Proficiency with design programs such Photoshop, Illustrator and Canva to provide on-brand social graphics, photos, GIFs, etc.
• Skilled in shooting photos and video for social media; ability to edit videos and audio for social.
• Excellent presentation (GoogleSlides) and communication skills.
• Knowledge of social media advertising/marketing and emerging opportunities for brand awareness.
• High level of attention to detail and fact-checking.
• An eye for content that will generate engagement.
• Knowledge/interest in the entertainment industry and/or labor unions preferred.
• Have an understanding and awareness of the importance of labor unions, social justice and worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
• Have a high sense of ownership and hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Detailed-oriented, process and deadline driven with the ability to focus and produce results in a fast-paced environment, under tight deadlines without constant supervision.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours per day or per week (and/or overtime for applicable non-exempt positions), including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and be proactive, as well as work effectively in a team and across functional groups.
• Strong organizational and project management skills with ability to stay on a determined timeline, while managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• Must be confident, reliable, energetic with a positive attitude, accept responsibility, and handle pressure well.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor; flexibility and adaptability to changes in workload and differing work styles of direct supervisors.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: High degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined by SAG-AFTRA’s attendance policy.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs
• Ability to initiate and promote process improvement.
• Quick learner, flexible, highly adaptable, independent problem-solving and critical-thinking abilities.
• Motivated and knowledgeable, with the ability to work in an environment where the team is small, geographically diverse and subject to sudden and frequent changes in priorities.
In addition, we will assess the following competencies as part of the candidate evaluation process.
• Cultural Awareness
• Integrity and Trust
• Time Management
*The Employer reserves the right to add, delete or change tasks and responsibilities within each job description. Further, in order to maintain efficient operations, work assignments may be redistributed on a short and long-term basis.
• • BA/BS degree in journalism, public relations, communications, marketing, advertising, new media or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 3-5 years full-time experience