Service Desk & Desktop Support Specialist
SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Service Desk & Desktop Support Specialist II (IT)
What You’ll Do
The person in this position is responsible for administering and maintaining the operations of the Helpdesk, Computers, Printers, Mobile Devices and Video Conferencing systems. This includes extensive troubleshooting of assorted computer, operating system and application issues, as well as maintaining proactive communication with internal and external customers regarding their help requests.
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• Provide first-tier computer hardware and software support to staff (both within IT and in other departments).
• Provide telephone support to staff accessing SAG-AFTRA devices or software applications
• Operate Helpdesk, handle trouble tickets and work independently to provide timely resolution to problems in accordance with service level agreements; collaborate with other IT staff members to ensure superior support is provided.
• Follow established procedures for tracking asset inventory (for computers, monitors, phones, and other IT equipment).
• Make independent judgment calls and reprioritize tasks as needed to ensure appropriate service levels are met for all open issues.
• Maintain information confidentiality due to the sensitive nature of information that position may encounter or has access to.
• Provide technology support for computer use, presentations and video conferences at both onsite and offsite locations.
• Maintain updated system documentation.
• Maintain and support mobile handheld devices, including account setup, device issuance and control and user training and support.
• Research complex issues to find solutions. Test new software and hardware options.
• Perform other duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
What You’ll Need
We want to make sure you’re successful. To be considered, you must have:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as presentation
• Detail oriented.
• Capable of working effectively under pressure, and to organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks under daily deadlines.
• Proficiency with computer and printer hardware.
• Proficiency with the operation of Video Teleconferencing equipment.
• Proficiency with Windows OS, MacOS, Chrome OS and TCP/IP.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Workspace and Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware applications.
• Strong knowledge of MacOS X and Intel-based Apple computers.
• Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours (and/or overtime for applicable non- exempt positions) per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum five (5) years providing computer support, of which two (2) years should include IT Helpdesk support responsibilities.
Certifications and/or Registrations: MCSA, MCSE or MacOS-X certification preferred; other certifications may be substituted as appropriate.
What You’ll Get
We are a great place to work because we offer:
• Colleagues that are passionate about what we do and how they contribute to our mission.
• Balance between work and home life responsibilities
• Affordable and comprehensive medical and dental plans
• Generous pension plan
• Employee discounts and perks
Who We Are
SAG-AFTRA is the iconic American labor union that represents approximately 160,000 media professionals. SAG-AFTRA employees support our members and thrive on securing the strongest protections by negotiating the best wages, working conditions, health and pension benefits. We preserve and expand members’ work opportunities, vigorously enforce our contracts and protect our members against unauthorized use of their work.