Senior Web Administrator
SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
POSITION PURPOSE: The Senior Web Administrator is responsible for maintaining and ensuring the upkeep and integrity of all SAG-AFTRA web properties. This role is critical to the organization as our web systems are accessed not only by staff, but also by our entire union member base. This position requires interfacing with internal and external entities such as communications, governance, internal IT staff and various vendors and consultants.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Establishes Web system by planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of server hardware, software, and operating and system management systems; defining system and operational policies and procedures.
• Maintains Web system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, and operating and system management systems; designing and running system load/stress testing; escalating application problems to vendor.
• Secures Web system by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures; completing back-ups; maintaining documentation.
• Responsible for architectural design and upgrades of web system by conferring with vendors and services; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new software.
• Assist in maintaining Linux server infrastructure. Hands-on management of Linux systems, which encompasses but is not limited to: RedHat O/S, Satellite, and Ubuntu O/S, Landscape.
• Assist in troubleshooting problems within associated platforms and hardware including VMWare, NetApp NAS Storage, Load Balancers, NFS, BIND/DNS, and SNMP Management. Linux instances are multi-tiered, on premise and in the cloud.
• The web admin will be responsible for troublshooting web properties by accessing various specific system logs, alerts and audit records. Evaluate and correct connectivity issues from the firewall to the server substructure.
• Proactively research security threats and ensure that the recommended course of action is taken to protect our web properties and safeguard our member data.
• Meticulously create/maintain updated system documentation.
• Performs other duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Proficient with administrating Drupal applications, PHP applications, RedHat and Ubuntu Linux.
• Proficient with Apache; Tomcat; Subversion; MySQL; GIT
• Proficient with server security and how it relates to applications security
• Proficient with protocols such as TCP/IP, NFS, LDAP, SMTP, SNMP, SSL, DNS
• Familiarity with Cloud Technologies and or managing web applications in the cloud desired
• Familiarity with API management software desired
• Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Good project management skills and demonstrated experience with change management
• A high attention to detail
• Ability to work well under pressure required
• Able to organize and coordinate multiple tasks under daily deadlines
• Superlative interpersonal skills—must be able to cultivate strategic and collaborative relationships internally and externally
• Able to prioritize tasks
• Self-motivated individual who can work independently
• Capable of taking direction from more than one manager in an environment where constructive feedback is encouraged
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA’s sole discretion
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs
• College degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
• Minimum five (5) years’ experience providing server administration and support.
• Experience working with cross-functional teams.
Certificates, licenses, and/or registrations:
RedHat Certified Engineer (RHCE);UPC, LPI certification or Linux certification - preferred